Results from Monday Night

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Ok here is what happened Monday Night. I went solo Monday night on a last minute decision to go. I have only been out one other time this year Night Trolling . We (The Hound and I) got on the water just before Sunset. Made our way to the North Sand. It was pretty calm and stayed that way most of the night. Did not see many boats out there.
    Started trolling one break with no weeds and graphed nothing. Moved a little more West to some really steep breaks with weeds that were 8-12 feet. This break is a severe break. First 10 minutes trolling boom my first fish. A 20″ that I kept for dinner. I focused on this drop for most of the rest of the night. I picked up 12 walleyes total with 2 nice Northerns to boot (39″ & 36″). Most of my fish came right on top of the break in 9-12 FOW. I did notice some fish at the bottom of the break and tried them during off bite times. I got one of these fish to go in 17 FOW with a Firetiger Rip Stick Reef Runner. I also got 2 Walleyes on the inside of this weed line in 8 FOW. All my fish came on either a Clown or Firetiger HJ12, except for the deep one. My speed was between 1.2 and 1.6 mph. Water temp was right around 49 degrees. My biggest Eye was a Fat 26″ and my smallest was the first 20″. I did release 2 fish that came in @ 21″ and 21 3/4″. I tried a little bit over by Agate Reef but only Graphed a few Fish on the Rocks. I hope this helps soemone!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Sounds like a good night. Its always nice to put some fish in the boat.

docternus
    Ramsey, Minnesota

Lip ripper,
    It takes real guts to go out solo for the night crankin bite, Ive been there and there is no lonelier placer in the world. If you catch a nice fish there is no one around to take the picture!
    I fishe agage a lot last october and had success. However, I think the weeds are better this fall because face it, where the hell has the sun gone? Its my opinion that the bait fish are up on the rocks soaking the warm water from the october sun, this october- NO SUN! I do not think the fish are up there because the baitfish have no reason to be there. Sand and weed combinations now are the ticket. What do you think? 8 million walleyes and only 200 crankbaits – what will the fisherman choose? Sorry, my wife is watching “The Batcheleor” as I write this. You Know that guy is a pro. fisherman…..? Nevermind (Putz!!)

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks Doc.

Well I wasn’t really alone cause I had my best buddy in the world with. Except he has no picture taken skills what so ever. What I need to learn is the timer thing on the old digital. Last Fall I did pretty decent on those exact rock reefs on the East side. You have something there with the sun warming up the water on the rocks. I check that place usually to see if there is anything there, but James and Steve have been fishng the weed lines, so I have been trying those haunts . I have only had decent luck one night for about 2 hours on the rocks. Otherwise have not seen much up there at night. Your right it is lonely , but it is good to get away also. Like another post said earlier, it sure is tough on ones system though. I woke up 6:00 Monday Morning and did not sleep until 9:00 Tuesday Morning .

Looking forward to Sunday I will be back up there with one of the Pro’s .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.