PLowed Roads to some decent spots

• purehd
    Newport mn

Is there any plowed roads to some decent spots closer to shore? im looking to get out this weekend and i only have a 2wd car with some decent tires and dont want to get stuck .
    looking to target some perch maybe hook into a walleye if the luck runs good.

first time going out on ice on this lake any tips or info would be aprecaiated.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Not sure where you are coming from but I would target a different lake. If you are in the ML area look to some of the other lakes around it for better fishing. IMHO. That being said we will have a decent sized group up there this weekend, more get together than anything.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

I would expect the resorts will still be maintaining roads for the next 2 weeks until ice houses need to be off the lake. Make sure you have a shovel because you could still get stuck near or far.

jerry b
    western WI

The pup and I walked the St Croix this morning, one pickup and 2 cars were stuck on the ice roads. One car was stuck trying to get back up the Landing Hill. Not going to be good for a while yet- jerr

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

All of the resorts have plowed roads that will do just fine for your car. For the $10-15 access fee these resorts will do their best to put you in a decent location. Red Door is an IDO sponsor and does a very good job. They are on the north side of the lake.

There is a big Perch tourney out of Hunters Point Resort Saturday. For the $20 entry you get access to all of their roads, entry into the contest and a chance to win a lot of great prizes. Even if you don’t catch any fish. We have a good time every year and expect the same this year.

http://www.johnsonsportside.com/perch-extravaganza/

I was up over the weekend talking to a lot of people. Bite is tuff, real tuff. But you won’t catch anything sitting on the couch as they say!!

Come on up and have a go at it. Any resort on the lake would love your business. Stay on the roads. Don’t go wheelin’ around and you should be fine.

-J.

purehd
    Newport mn

I am comming from south subarbs of the city. Yeah maybe i will rethink and look for another place to head out this weekend.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.