IDA “Fish-Together” In August?

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Crossen Eye’s I’ll by you your first one…hey, what forum is this anyway?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

As soon as these damn bass fisherman go home….we should be able to get some real fish out of the croix

Umm, sorry guys…didn’t notice the forum when I clicked in…what I meant to say is that I’ve been learning alot from these tourny bass fisherman and hope to use the skills I’ve learned on “the big pond” in August.

Does anyone know of a IDA member that sell life insurance?

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Hey Briank…… Helloooooo!…….. …… Anyone Home? I only work for “Allianz Life” ya goofball! I have a few call centers full of people that would LOVE to sell you some life insurance! I think they’ll only be interested in asking you some health related questions, so you should be safe. Our actuarials have found no relativity between psychological disorders and profitability.

Just so no one misunderstands….. I don’t think Briank is “loco”, ….. I just think there’s something “broke” if Brian were to consider his current casting prowesses the mark of a……….. “practicing” bass angler.

At least Mille Lacs has a LOT of room for countering your hand-eye-tree coordinations!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

If we put him out on the mud flats, he shouldn’t be able to snag any trees. I just feel bad for his partner.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

At least Mille Lacs has a LOT of room for countering your hand-eye-tree coordinations!

W. Fowler…It really doen’t matter where you put me, my lures are always attracted to Still…almost like a magnet. But he knows to wear a helmet when I reach for a rod.

Ken, I would say it’s more than broke…But I’ve found that useing a 4 – 5 oz no roll sinker helps me cast a lot….add a 6 in bullhead and I’m thinking YOU might want to talk to those folks in the call center!

Well maybe not. You only had to duck once the last time we fished…

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Sounds like a bass! I mean a blast!
    I’m in!
    Tuck

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I’ll be there, of course!

corey_waller
    hastings mn

SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST !!! ive always wanted to put names with faces count me in and keep any new info coming on camping or resorts

wallguy
    bloomington mn. covebay millelacs

James have you already made plans for the get together I have 3acres and 7beds 2600 sq. ft of cabin PM me if interested

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Will try and get up there for at least one day, great Idea James. Jack.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Works are in the making to hold this event at a resort on the lake. I would like to get a head count on who would be interested in renting a cabin?

kooty
    Keymaster

One night for me.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’m in. BLue Fleck and Jeremy Crawford will likely accompany me.

This bugger can turn into a annual Mille Lacs Get-Together if we can muster the participation.

schmidttr
    Ramsey, MN

Being fairly new to the area and fresh water fishing, I’d loved to join in the festivities , BS’in, and beer drinking . I have yet to fish Mille Lacs but will hopefully make it up there before August!

Any one out there willing to spend a day on ML showing this FL girl how fishing is done right?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’m positive that finding you a seat in a boat for this event would not be a problem…!

Goldpig
    Omaha, NE

I would probably be in. I am up there chasing smallies just about every weekend anyway.

schmidttr
    Ramsey, MN

I have my own boat (’04 Crestliner Angler 1600)… bought it the end of May and loving every minute of it!! I would like a teacher for a day to school me on some techniques before this event.

kooty
    Keymaster

Trina,

I’m not a bass guy, but after reading the reports from James, Bobber, Hooks and many others over the last couple years, it’s likely going to be a crankbait and topwater bite. If I know James, he’s going to put us close the areas where fishing will be good. I’ve never had him steer me wrong in the 4 years I’ve know him. Welcome to IDA!!!!

schmidttr
    Ramsey, MN

Oddly enough, I’ve had no luck with cranks. However, I’ve been a bass (largemouth and smallies) catching fool using jigs on the lakes here in the twin cities area. Every time I’ve tried cranks, I got nothing.

Weather permitting, I want to head to ML this weekend. Any one want to meet me? My boat is open or yours.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Do we have a place to stay yet? I’m thinking of going up on Wednesday and fishing through Sunday. If a place of residence was established then maybe I could get in early for a night or two. In all reality, I’d like to leave now and just fish until the rest of you guys show up.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Blue, the location should be posted by Fri.

Goldpig
    Omaha, NE

Trina,

The bite in my experience will likely be mostly topwater and soft plastics. Any number of plastics work well, inlcuding tubes, flukes, and Senkos. The only times I have found to have good success w/ cranks has been in spring or fall.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Trina, I will be in Wahkon on Saturday at my Grandfathers place for his 90th birthday . I do intend to fish for smallies that evening and early Sunday morning.

You can PM me and I would be willing to get you going on the specifics. I would invite you along in our boat but, I would fear putting you in harms way of my 6 year old daughter who will be pitching a Mepps or K-Grub. Thank god I have 18′ of boat between us. I hope it is enough.

wallguy
    bloomington mn. covebay millelacs

As posted before my place will be avail. anybody interested PM me and we will get hooked up

kooty
    Keymaster

I guess I’ll be there both Friday and Saturday nights. Is there any chance of having the dog along offending anyone?? He’s real good muskie bait!!!

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Must be a Poodle! LOL

Couldn’t resist.

kooty
    Keymaster

Worse, a Pomeranian.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Well, it’s the right size.
    Just wire it on a board, attach a leader, a couple 7/0 trebles in the tail and there ya go!

My wife alway gives me the look when I talk about the cat this way!

kooty
    Keymaster

I don’t get the look, I get threatened with my life. He’s a hoot in the boat, barks like mad when casting and likes to pee on boat floor.

Viewing 29 posts - 31 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.