Hunters Point

• BMarshall17

Im headed down to Mille Lacs on sunday and going to fish out of hunters point resort in one of their sleepers. Ive never fished out of this paticular spot. I hope the big contest doesnt affect the fishing… Any of you fish there lately or in the past?

Hows the bite around those parts? Whats the hot lure/bait?

Any input would be great! Thanks guys!

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Do you have a GPS? Maybe a Lakemaster chip?

big_g
    Isle, MN

The big contest is lake wide… won’t affect anything, especially on sunday, most will be cleared out by then Rattle Buckshots (red) tipped with a minnow head works for me

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

The best I can guess is that you are going to be placed somewhere ranging North end of 3 mile reef to Lakeside reef. Try to use the house for a base and sleeping if you can. Mobility is key now unless you can position the shack exactly where you want.
    Your best bet would be most likely to take a drive on their Ice road about 5mi West to the mud flats. They should be plowed to areas like boot, big flat, gregs and maybe 8mi but im not sure. See where their now plowed roads take you.
    If you have 4×4 you may be able to jump off the road im not sure. The last snow we got was about 6-8″ but its been warm in the low 30s the last 2 days and the snow has set up some. Which ever flats you make it to try to work tips, turns and inside corners drilling holes on top of the reef on the drop edge and the base. Use spoons with a minnow head. This year greens and pinks have been good to me. Also tip ups during prime time on the bottom edges, plain or colored hooks 1′ off bottom then hole hop with the spoon. Lately ive done best on the deep edge of flats rather than tops but im sure others may differ.

07lotwchamp
    Andover, Mn

Was up last Saturday out of hunters went out to the mud, mid mud bite was good with a few jumbos mixed in, eyes all came off set lines and jumbo would hit spoons, being mobile and moving around away from the crowd is key…hope this helps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.