Tough go of it…

• Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

We tried inside weedlines in 4 to 6 fow, outside weelines in 10 -12 fow, over rocks in 6 to 8 fow, rock to weed transitions, & breaklines.
    HJ12’s, Smithwick Rattlin Rouges, Glass HJ’s, Flat Raps, & Max raps in every color you could imagine.
    We continually changed speeds ranging from 1.1 to 1.8. Water temp was 49.
    Now I am not a pro but I have been fishing the fall cranking bite for many years. We have had some slow nights but from my past experience putting 10 in the boat would be a slow night. We only ended up with 1 bite in 5 hours of trolling. We did land a nice 26 inch fish but I couldn’t believe it. I realize a front is going through but holy cow Not complaining because we still had fun and will be back out tonight. Just hoping to see if anyone has been out in the last day or two.
    We could see the reflection of their eyes in many places with the spot light but just could not get them to go.

I will be at it for two more nights so if anyone has any words of wisdom, I am all ears!

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

We had a really tough time last weekend too. Just seems like the moon phase isn’t quite right or something.

carmike

Thanks for the encouragement, wabasha. I know that wasn’t your intent, of course, but it’s nice to know that others strike out just like I do sometimes.

I’ll be out all weekend as well. I’ll post a report of my catch–or lack thereof.

grainbelteyes
    Waconia

Will be up tonight and Saturday staying at Red Door… Will be covering water tonight for sure trying to dial in a bite…

clang
    Garrison, MN

Don’t just limit yourself to the night trolling. If that isn’t working get a good nights sleep and fish during the day. Fishing for me has been great on Mille lacs. I have had to do some searching to find the fish. However, when I find them they are willing to bite. Fished a few hours thursday and a few hours friday. I fished only mid day hours. Game plan was to pitch the weedlines where I have been catching the fish trolling at night. With three of us in the boat on thursday and just myself in the boat today we managed to put 45 fish in the boat. Big fish were 27.25, 27, 27, a few 26’s. We did not catch a fish under 21″.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.