Mille Lacs open water trolling bite

• nebrwalleye

How long does this bite usually last? All Summer long – or does the water warm enough it shuts off? From Nebraska and I’ve always wanted to drive up and try this – maybe too late again this year. Thanks!!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve been fishing the open water trolling bite on Mille Lacs for 13 years and I’ve always had success through Labor Day.

joemama
    North St Paul

i get the concept but what routes do you take ?? troll the deep water near the flats ? mille lacs seems too big to just hit deep water and go..look for pods of baits fish and then set up and go ?the concept misses me

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

Quote:

How long does this bite usually last? All Summer long – or does the water warm enough it shuts off? From Nebraska and I’ve always wanted to drive up and try this – maybe too late again this year. Thanks!!

It is usually good until late September in our area on the northern and eastern basin areas. Who knows about this year?

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

i get the concept but what routes do you take ?? troll the deep water near the flats ? mille lacs seems too big to just hit deep water and go..look for pods of baits fish and then set up and go ?the concept misses me

Here’s a fishing report that I wrote that will help answer how you go about putting a plan together in regard to scouting for suspended walleyes on Mille Lacs. Mille Lacs Lake Open Water Trolling 6.2.12

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Thanks Dean.
    Haven’t done anything yet, however I’m REAL glad to hear the news on HWY. 10.

Be sure to get a top notch rigger over there in case I do something.

carver
    West Metro

Question after transferred…..the 3rd buyer would get the remaining of that 10 year….correct?

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

Question after transferred…..the 3rd buyer would get the remaining of that 10 year….correct?

Dont quote me on this but Im pretty sure that it doesnt transfer to the 3rd owner. With that said they have been very good about keeping the customer happy if your working with a good dealer!

powerman
    NULL

I hope to find out this week. I had a question on my hull which I asked the local dealer. They referred me straight to skeeter, and waiting on a call back from them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.