Good Luck

• Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

The long and short of it all is we have to support Steve in his choice to fight if we agree with his cause. He believes that all people within the United States have the same rights. If one group has a right to net fish then all people should have that same right. It’s no different then if the Dutch Americans were given the rights to carry fully automatic Uzi’s down the street. If the Dutch Americans could do it then why couldn’t the Irish Americans do it?

Very poor example I know but you get the idea.

Get the check books out and let those around you know how you feel about this issue.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Quote:

The long and short of it all is we have to support Steve in his choice to fight if we agree with his cause. He believes that all people within the United States have the same rights. If one group has a right to net fish then all people should have that same right.

Well put Brian. I fully agree and support equal rights for all race/gender/religion/etc. That to me is what makes our country the greatest country in the world!

Also, having grown up on Mille Lacs I consider it my home lake and understand what that resource means to the community. Some of my close friends are resort owners and I’d hate to see them lose their business if anything similar to what happened at Red Lake were to happen at Mille Lacs.

The health of this resource personally is very important to me which is why I too will be providing support to Steve.

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Quote:

JJ,
    Good one!!! When is the last time you checked? i have my doubts that you could even name the original 10 amendments without looking. Did you ever look at the 11th Amendment? Didn’t think so.

I can fish on 1000’s of other lakes in the state and catch a walleye.

Typical of people to pipe in when they don’t even know their own rights??? unreal

Doesn’t the 11th amendment from 1798 have to do with judicial power ? You lost me a bit on this one.

I thought the President signs the original treaty, but then it must be approved by congress, specifically the Senate per Article 2 of the Constitution…

Paulski

Quote:

Reservations and treaties that the Constitution does not allow for.

By the way. The Supreme Court ruling on the 1837 treaty only clarified that the treaty exists at the “Pleasure of the President. And that no sitting president has ever cancelled the treaty. Therfore it still stands as valid. In other words, the treaty was allowed via a presidential order. Not a constitutional or legislative one. The Presidendt can (as confirmed by the Supreme Court) negate the treaty at any time.

Keep on with your research and history. I have done a little on my side.

-J.

Jon, this is true to my knowledge, but I think I have a better chance of catching a world record muskie than it ever happening…

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Quote:

Reservations and treaties that the Constitution does not allow for.

By the way. The Supreme Court ruling on the 1837 treaty only clarified that the treaty exists at the “Pleasure of the President. And that no sitting president has ever cancelled the treaty. Therfore it still stands as valid. In other words, the treaty was allowed via a presidential order. Not a constitutional or legislative one. The Presidendt can (as confirmed by the Supreme Court) negate the treaty at any time.

Keep on with your research and history. I have done a little on my side.

-J.

Jon, this is true to my knowledge, but I think I have a better chance of catching a world record muskie than it ever happening…

Today there is a good chance that the Muskie would come out of Mille Lacs Lake. That is if it didn’t get killed by the gill nets in the spring.

Gill nets don’t care what species they catch and kill.

Get your checkbook out and help put a end to those nets.

Paulski

I will be on Mille Lacs tomorrow, so I will let you know if the world record finds my boat. I am going after some walleye, so I figure I have a great chance…

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.