Anything happening on Leech Lake?

• walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Just wondering if any of you have been out on Leech lately? Walleyes or Slimers. Thanks

maurice

I was not there myself but a guy that works for me was on leach all last week –reported yesterday that they only caught 1 eye but a ton on slimers biggest being 7.5 lbs–best I can tell you –snagged

lakeskipper
    Anoka, MN

Was on Leech all of last week. Did well in the “magic hour” before twilight pulling cranks in 8 to 10 feet. Walleyes wanted it at a pretty good pace, around 2.2 to 2.5 mph. Colors didn’t seem to matter for us. Bottom was a lot of sand with sparadic boulders mixed in. Hope that helps.

-Lakeskipper

Bill Marty
    Bloomington,MN

I was out last weekend and it was pretty poor. Caught one walleye and a slew of rockies. I pulled crawlers and spinners in 16-26ft.

MNsuzuki

Bill,

Have you tried pulling #5 shad raps in the evening, late evening around the Big rock reef area? We always did really good this time of year in that spot with the rapallas. I am up on Big Hardwood, so I have been spending most of my time up there and down around West goose. Things are starting to pop in that area trolling at night.

Bill Marty
    Bloomington,MN

I may try it now. That area is about 5 miles away from me. I do out at night all the time. I have found that the bite picks up in August and ends around the middle of Sept. I like to pull bigger minnow baits over shallow boulders. Anything perch color does the trick. During the day I may try dragging some redtails in the depths. I’ll be up there this weekend. You may get a visitor tailpipeing you on the rock reef . I have a blue ranger 692 with a 175 merc EFI

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.