Ice out update – please!

• MNsuzuki

Hey can you guys up there keep us Metro guys up to date with ice out? Most Metro lakes went ice free today. Thanks, Dale

Bill Marty
    Bloomington,MN

I was up there last weekend. I tried to go out but the ice was too dark. I drilled a hole close to shore and it all came up like ice cubes. I would say we are 10-14 days out.

MNsuzuki

Thanks Bill, it sounds like just after the 15th may bring open water, and some nice crappies up north and in the bays down south!

Bill Marty
    Bloomington,MN

Are there crappies in the bays down south. I have a place on Miller Bay and never heard of crappies coming in there so I have never fished for them. I have caught them in Boy Bay and they were nice ones.

MNsuzuki

There is a Miller Bay, down by Pipe Island, and then is a Miller’s Bay down by Shingobee. You must be down by Pipe Island. I was referring to the bays in SW, Pumphouse/Shingobee/Miller’s – those bays are well known for good crappies. I am not sure what is possible on the SE corner of the lake, it sure looks like a decent spot – especially in the shallow areas on the south side of Rogers Point.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.