Poor outing on Leech June 19-25

• walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Fished Leech from June 19-25, on an average of 8-9 hours a day. Never managed more than 10 fish a day, and only one Walleye for the whole weekend. I caught the Walleye in the weeds on a SSR-9 Perch, went 23″. Had one as big or bigger follow to the boat, and another attack my lure 3 or 4 times but unable to get a hook set due to the mass of weeds on my lure! The rest of the fish were all 15-25″ Northern with my lunker 28″ being the largest Caught a couple Largemouth and some Rockbass and a Bullhead, but other than that, NOTHING! About the worst fishing i have ever had. This was all over on the Southeast side of the lake. Heard a couple people doing alright on Eyes over in the Walker Bay area. Forgive the picture, i was alone in the boat and took it by setting the camera on the cooler!

Also, caught TWO perch on the same lure at once!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Nice walleye, but a question, if they were doing “alright” somewhere else, why didnt you go there?? i would have

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Cass lake didnt put out much better fishing at the same time. One place the eyes where found on cass was in the weeds.

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

The place the walleye were doing alright was a 10+ miles by boat away, and we were renting boats from my freinds resort that was all the way across the other side of the lake, at least a hour thirty boat ride. I wanted to go over there but no real way too.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Welcome to the east side of Leech. I’m getting poor reports from a friend that has a cabin there also. This has got to be hurting the resorts over there and it will probably be years before the fishing comes back.

Bill Marty
    Bloomington,MN

I was out the last two weekends. And you are right the fishing is poor but not impossible. I can usually get out and fish a couple hours a day and I catch on average one walleye per outing. I have been out pulling crawlers and spinners on the south side north of huddles. I fish the break lines in 13 -22 ft until I catch a fish or I see a bunch then I mark a waypoint and rig with a jumbo leech. Then the next day I go out to those waypoints and rig again. The fish are fat and healthy. They seem fatter than in the past. The lake is getting alot of negative press which for me is not a bad thing. I was out fishing the last few days and not another fishing boat in sight.

MNsuzuki

I sure would like to spend an early morning or late evening on the breaks and weedlines in Agency Bay. The Bay always produces, especially the weedlines this time of year. It is very strange to fish Leech and have the whole lake to yourself. I remember just a few years ago, 200 boats on snake pit, and seemingly everybody getting fish. That is alot of fish.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.