Opener

• putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Wow, not a report yet from this once fine lake. Anybody at all get up there?

Pig-hunter
    Southern Minnesota

Pretty sad but the lake just went to hell. We used to fish it a couple times a year and it is one of my very favorite lakes. Used to be real good. Hopefully it can come back soon. I miss fishing up there.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

It used to be my favorite opener lake! Fished a few tournaments there as well. I agree about the fishing. Bummer!

walleyeaddict
    Gods Country and real walleye world, Detroit Lakes MN

I just visited with a guy from Rochester that opens every year on Leech. The 9 of them caught 54 walleyes for Sat and Sun. All the fish were in the 20-23″ year class out of 10-12ft of water on jigs and shiners.

craigrbox
    Bloomington, MN

Spent six long hours on opening morning jigging and trolling the “Dead Sea”. Duck Points, Stoney Point, Snake Pit, The Narrows all produced nothing. Add to that the rain and the strong winds and it was a tough day. There were only four boats at the Kabakona launch at 7:00, I remember the day when you had to be at the landing by 6:00 or you were parking you trailer 1/2 a mile up the hwy. Give it a few years guys and the fishing will improve, I know of people that did well starting tue. after opener. Still waiting for a report from this weekend.

MNsuzuki

Spent the 19th – 22nd on Leech. Pretty tough bite, hit all of my favorites (breaklines in Agency, Agency Narrows, Breezy, Humps off Onigum in Walker Bay, Walker Bay real deep, Little Hardwood, West Goose, Pine, Moonlight bay, off Mound point) between the six of us in camp, we caught 4 walleyes total, off the humps in WB at 30′. The crappies were really going in Shingobee, that was a blast.

Heard they were getting W’s off from Two Point, the wind was from the SE so that made some sense. Real killer boat ride to get there, but with the wind blowing hard on that point, they should be there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.