Fisherman’s Swapmeet

• Niteeye
    Nashua,Iowa

Just thought I’d let everyone know about the Swapmeet at the Iowa State fairgrounds this weekend. My Dad and I never miss it. Great place to pick up rods and bulk plastics. It takes about 2 hours to go through it but it is worth it. The local Bass club puts it on and they have everything. I pick up some of my trout flies also.It is in the old 4H building. There is a craft show on the grounds at the same time so the women can come too. I’ve found it’s better if we don’t ask what they spend on crafts so they don’t ask what we spend on fishing.

clay
    Kansas City, Mo

I never miss it either. Not a lot of great stuff (newer), but you can get some good bargins.

dm5000
    Des Moines, IA

Yup, I made it. Nice way to kill a couple of hours. There was a lot of old lures if you are a collector. Didnt find anything I couldnt live without. I did take the opportunity to renew my license at the DNR table, so I’ve got that done.

I suppose the hightlight was turning my 5 year old loose on the bulk plastics table. Everything you can jam into a plastic tub for $4. He packed it tight. He had a blast.
    Catch ya later,
    Dave

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.