Anyone fish outside Iowa?

• Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I work for Sportsman’s Connection and we produce the regional fishing map quides. Many of you have probably seen our Iowa Fishing Map Guide that has stocking and survey data as well as lake maps. My question is do any of you fishermen travel to other states to fish? General areas would be helpful, since we have books for MO, 11 MN titles, 2 Illinois, 7 WI, a SD book, and many other states. I want to get a better idea of where Iowans travel outside of Iowa, so I can get some of our other maps in the stores there. Thank You!

baldwin4
    NE IA

We fish the Hayward, WI area twice a year. Mostly fish the Mississippi River from Lansing down to Prairie du Chein. I know alot of people in my area like to go to Balsam Lake and Bone Lake area in WI.

big_head_basher

Me and my buddies from around the Cedar Falls area fish mostly P4 on the Mississippi. We also fishe Balsam and Bone in WI. Then other trips like Mille Lacs, Devils Lake, Canada, Erie, but mostly the Mississippi from pool 5 on up to Little Falls.

KABPI
    DesMoines, Iowa

Our bass club out of Des Moines fishes the Mississippi regularly from pool 8 down to 13. We also fish MO, such as Hazel Creek, Mozingo, Ozarks, Tablerock, etc. We do Minnetonka in the cities every other year or so. It woul dbe nice to be able to buy those maps locally, especially a good river map.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Thanks for the info guys. I run into managers from time to time that think nobody travels outside Iowa. I will make sure that some of the bigger stores get some WI books. Most of them already carry MN. I just needed some proof that I wasn’t crazy for thinking that people travel out of state. I’ll be visiting Iowa for my first time ever next week. We revised the Iowa books, so I have to swap out all the old books.

CrappieCzar

Hi Bigfife,

I love the Sportsman’s Connection map book, an invaluable resource. That’s why I hate to complain about it, but…

Aside from the improved river coverage, some updated commentary (Lake Belva Deer in particular) and the inclusion of more recent lake survey data (which the DNR should be publishing on the web somewhere), the new edition is mainly just a word for word reprint of the old one. This would be fine, I understand it. But it seems to me that some of the outdated information (for example, the Macbride commentary) should have been updated and mistakes should have been corrected.

I commend you guys for putting out a great product. But perhaps you might more thoroughly evaluate the current edition before putting out the next new one.

By the way, travels include MN, WI, SD, AR, MO.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.