New guy

• timmay

Hey, I just want to say high. Some of you might know me from some other sites. I just want to get all the helpful info I can and pass some along.

I can always use another fishing buddy. So don’t be afraid to ask to tag along.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Welcome Tim!

When are you going out next…if you can pick me up…I’ll buy the donuts!

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Welcome to the site Tim….

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome Tim. Great to have you with us. Please feel free to share and post all you want.
    Thanks, Bill

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Welcome Tim. Where and what do you fish for?

timmay

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I am from central Iowa close to Marshalltown. I fish mostly smaller lakes, Hickory Grove, Rock Creek, and I love to hit Red Rock when I can dodge the boat traffic. I do travel a little and have been know to fish the Iowa River between Steamboat down to Liscomb.

My favorite species has to be panfish with my 2 boys. I like to get into the catfish once in a while. I do make a yearly pilgrimage to Canada. I camp on a island for a week and love to set the hook on a big pike.

Thanks again for the warm invite. I like to share my info. I always figured that I get so much from a site like this that what little I can offer is the least I can do.

Good luck to everyone. Hope your weather outlook is better than mine.

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Welcome to a great site! What lake is your Island on in Canada? Mines North of Pickle Lake.

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

As everyone else said, welcome to the site! If you need any Carp information, like what bait to use, or where the hot bite is, just contact Where’s Waldo!

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Welcome Bud!

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

Welcome Tim! Let us know how you do when you get out.

timmay

Walldo, The lake is straight North of Ignace. In the bush about 40 miles.

Tell you what guys. If this wind would go down to a decent gail. I would be out there right now. Even in these temps.

Shot a 3 day weekend right in the behind.

canoli
    Waterloo, IA

Hey TIMMAY-

I live up in Waterloo, and recently found out a bit about Colo/Hickory Grove. A workmate of mine fishes and camps there regularly. He says he goes almost exclusively for gills and crappies. My family wants to try camping there if the campground/local area has a decent amount of stuff for kids to do, and if there is a showerhouse or decent bathrooms (read, not outhouses ). So waht can you tell me? I am more of a bass fisherman myself, but if the bite is hot on gills and crappies, I have no problem switching over. My friend says they get a lot of slabs in both- what’s your experience?

timmay

Canoli – I will send you a PM.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.