Kent Park

• 910dodge
    Iowa City

Went out to Kent Park last night and this morning. I didnt get there until about 9:15 last night and stayed until 10:30. The bass were going crazy on the south end by the dam. I was intending on fishing for crappie but never made it down to the spots I was intending on. This morning the gills were nuts. All along the West and South shores it was great. Everything was caught on Sliders (both 1 and 2 inch) and a 1/32 oz jig and a 7′ ultralight rod. Just thought I’d let anyone interested in a good morning or evening of fishing know…

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Thanks for the report Adam!
    I heard the crappies were going really well out there a week ago…

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

Nice report Adam. I see you’re getting in on some night time bassin’ as well. Let’s go!!

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I fished there Friday morning, but I think the tornadoes slowed things down a bit. No crappie bite to speak of, a few bass, most of them choosing to short-strike and miss the bait, and a handful of tepid bluegills.

For the first time there, I was very impressed with the park and the lake. The water was clear in spite of the rains the night before, and it wasn’t too weedy (yet). At almost exactly 30 minutes from home, I think I’ll have to make a few more trips down there this summer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.