Found

• Umy
    South Metro

Sportsmans Launch
    Lower Prior Lake
    Wednesday , February 1 around 11:00 am
    Actually found it out about 400 yards from the shore.

TONS of em out there this morning

Umy
    South Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Umy wrote:</div>
    Sportsmans Launch
    Lower Prior Lake
    Wednesday , February 1 around 11:00 am
    Actually found it out about 400 yards from the shore.

TONS of em out there this morning

Attachments:
    1. Ice-fishin-2-1-2023-3.jpg

Umy
    South Metro

3 timeouts ( while I sat here and watched -) wouldn’t load picture
    aaaaggghhhhh

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Wow. You really must have found them. rotflol

Ripjiggen

To left or right of launch awe hell just post the cordinates. whistling

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I think you broke the website trying to tell us you found them. Lol haven’t ever seen that before.
    But yes, you find those good weeds still standing and you will usually find lots of life within the area.

Umy
    South Metro

Still have not figured out how to delete posts.
    This website I love to go to but never an easy task to load pics for me ( user error I am sure)

Weeds are Green and healthy looking still which is amazing. 15 feet of water.
    You could see the whole school in the background. Raise up the jig and and wildly twitch and it was like ringing the dinner bell.

One other thing, talking with a guy who pulled up as I was leaving. Was starting my Lil Buddy heater, pressing the ignitor button and it was being a bitch. “Ponk, ponk, ponk, ponk…….. You could see the fish on the screen turn toward the sound and come running ( err swimming) right over. CRAZIEST thing

glenn57
    cold spring mn

coffee I only see 1? whistling doah rotflol

Umy
    South Metro

HArd to take pics, and jig and operate the cell phone without dropping it in the water.
    Okay Glenn, like this ( but this from last week) all morning long yay yay

Attachments:
    1. ice-fishin-2-2-1-2023-scaled.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

How the hell did you get this topic pinned at the top of every forum ? That’s pretty dang good. Knocked the ido teams video down a notch

Dan
    Southeast MN

How the hell did you get this topic pinned at the top of every forum ? That’s pretty dang good. Knocked the ido teams video down a notch

Haha I was wondering the same thing, at first wondered if what he found was a body or wedding ring or something.

Umy good pics, you always run your camera? In tandem with something? Just asking because I’ve had a recon 5 plus several years now and haven’t even brought it out this year. I kind of hate to admit defeat and try and sell it but I really don’t use it. Verifying structure or species is great but not that important enough to bring that thing around, for me anyway.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I love using a camera, but they are kind of a pain in the butt so mine doesn’t even leave my house any more.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

UGH….. flame doah why cant i qoute and post!!!!!!!

OK UMY!!!!! peace peace rotflol i have Marcum camera, not colored like his though. i used to use it all the time i the winter. now pretty much only shallow water. its a total mess when you got 2 lines down deep and get messed up with a little snot rocket. doah

i use it alot during the summer when i search for sunfish……downfall is the screen is hard to see with the sun out. i do know guys that have them hooked up to TV screens in there castles!!!!!

Umy
    South Metro

I love this thing! East to use and a great teacher. Using it to show me what’s beneath the ice and why what I see on my Vexilar looks the way it does. Learning tons. Can’t wait to see what those baitballs and pods of walleyes look like up in Canada down the sheer rock wall over by our favorite island. Will be fun just to see what it looks like underwater up there in some palaces.
    I won’t use it for softwater fishing though – already have too manty electronics and this is just cheating.

Taking pictures of the video with the phone is not the best. Between holding the phone, jigging and trying to take picture is just too hard. NOT gonna lose the phone down the hole! Plus, the quality of the phone pics of the video always looks bad. Just like an aquarium when I’m using it in the ice house but just not the same when I see the pictures. Headed up to Microcenter tomorrow to see if they can help me cobble a plug that will attach to my phone. Then I can cast to my tv’s.

Left lots of room for some good natured-ribbing and you guys went EASY on me. Have NO IDEA how I got everything where it is. Good thing I sell software for a living hah hah hah

Dan
    Southeast MN

Alright since you mentioned good-natured ribbing….I went back and looked over your work. Besides the fact that (apparently)new IDO moderator Umy somehow got his post pinned to the top, AHEAD of the content IDO employees create to feed their families rotflol jester

You also followed up with a few posts quoting…. yourself. Replying to your post on a post quoting what you wrote in your last post. chased

Hilarious stuff Umy. I took it as you had a good day on the ice and were in a rush to share and skipped a few (most) steps

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Woo you found 5″ sunfish, you hit the gold mine……..

Umy
    South Metro

Dan – Yes, yes, yes redface

Big crappie – yes
    A. Don’t eat fish
    B. Out in my house fishing during the day
    C. Something tugging on the end of my line
    D. Playing with a cool new toy ( thanks to an IDO member)
    E. Learning things to improve my game
    F. No cell/desk phone ringing
    G. No staff needing their hand held
    H. No dumb ass Superintendent requesting stupid things from me
    I. Shall I continue? coffee

Hell yes I found something better to watch and do than sit at my desk and work!!!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.