Ford pickup tailgates

• captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

FYI,…2015-2018 Ford 150 pickups with electronic tailgate locks have been recalled in Canada but the not the US. F250s, 350s and 450s recalled in both countries). Apparently, wet weather can cause the gate to unlock and unlatch, potentially spilling unrestrained cargo on the road. I don’t see a substantial difference in the weather between the countries,…its rains everywhere. Maybe not as much in the South West US but in Minnesota?? I cant believe Ford wont do a recall in the US, at least regionally. The fix is simple. The risks are high. How would it feel to have your cargo kill someone behind you? or your loved ones hurt following a 150 (there’s alot of them on the road) Your hunting dog spilled onto the highway? Will ford fix your gate and trailer if it drops down and hits?? Its obviously a financial decision. Time to speak to your dealers. I’m having mine fixed even if I have to pay for it. (Mine needs to be fixed anyhow because its stuck shut. )

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/tailgate-woes-ford-150-recall-canada-us-68592671

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

You’ve seen this, right? Seems like all you need to do is claim you’ve had the tailgate open by itself.

HRG

Attachments:
    1. F-150-tailgate.pdf
    FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

So your saying there’s yet another reason to not tailgate a tailgate
    coffee

munchy
    NULL

So your saying there’s yet another reason to not tailgate a tailgate
    coffee

Almost makes me want to install a switch in the cab that drops the tailgate when “needed”. Only when you have an empty bed of course. whistling

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.