Folbe Rod Holders

• mojocandy101
    Alexandria, MN

I’m not much into trolling but I’m looking to get a couple Folbe Advantage rod holders for fall muskie fishing (mainly sucker fishing). I am curious on how these work with a walleye spinning rod?

Thanks

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

With a spinning rod, the rod blank is upside down in the rod holder. The other potential problem with a spinning rod is the fore hand grip and reel seat design might not be long enough to get past the front of the holder, making getting the rod out of the holder difficult.

sorgy

I have Flobe’s on my boat and use them every spring trolling walleyes w/ spinning gear. The work great. Just lift forward and up.

Easy Peasy

Steve

sorgy

I hold my rod most of the time but set it in the holder a fair amount. I also have the extensions on the holders and it is at a little more convenient height.

They are the best for Muskie fishing as well. Composite not plastic. Just remember to back off the drag when trolling. Don’t want to rip a bait out of a fish or break a rod.

mojocandy101
    Alexandria, MN

Thanks for the info. I’ve used them fall sucker fishing and they are great. I just bought a new boat and was hoping I wouldn’t have to get two different ones for the little walleye fishing I do.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.