Flexzilla garden hose. Is it any good.

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have the black continental hose , good buy so far. Never thought Id get into an indepth discussion on garden hoses but I will say cheap ones suck !

I thought the same thing. Then I remembered I am getting old rotflol

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Does anyone know what the sticky stuff on Flexzilla hoses actually is? Is this some kind of sun or chemical exposure breakdown issue?

It’s great that they replaced the hose, but I’d like to know is this an issue specifically with Flexzilla. It seems like Flexzilla is familiar with the issue given the fact that they will replace the hoses without seeing the actual damage.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

^Same question.

I’ve got x4 50’ers and the quick attach accessories for each sitting in an online cart right now, debating it.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

^Same question.

I’ve got x4 50’ers and the quick attach accessories for each sitting in an online cart right now, debating it.

Go continental and you won’t regret

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

At $84 per 100 feet, it’s by far the most expensive option mentioned. It also looks very heavy?

I thought Flexzilla was pretty dear at $69 per 100 feet, but given the benefits I was okay with that. $15 more and I’m starting to question are we into diminishing returns here.

All prices here are from Amazon, so if there’s some cheaper place for either hose with free shipping, I’d love to hear it.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Separate comment on quick attach fittings.

Some of these really, really constrict the water flow. Especially when you start adding QA fittings at the shutoff, between hoses, and at the hose end to connect to various attachments.

I can’t recall what kit I bought, but it was fine until I started trying to use the Orbit sprinkler and it just didn’t have the range or coverage that it used to. It then occured to me I had installed all these quick attach fittings.

I measured the GPMs using 5 gallon buckets and the QA Fittings were costing me almost 30% of my per-minute flow. The whole kit hit the garage sale box.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

At $84 per 100 feet, it’s by far the most expensive option mentioned. It also looks very heavy?

I thought Flexzilla was pretty dear at $69 per 100 feet, but given the benefits I was okay with that. $15 more and I’m starting to question are we into diminishing returns here.

All prices here are from Amazon, so if there’s some cheaper place for either hose with free shipping, I’d love to hear it.

For the extra 15 bucks to not have to return it for nasty coating, sounds like a win to me. I have one of each in my hand right now and the Weight difference is dismal, maybe a ounce or 2. Very heavy ? Not even a little

JoeMX1825
    MN

for the record, all I had to do for Flexzilla was send them a photo of my grungy hose, then enter a webform with my mailing info and finally take a picture of my existing hose with the ends cut off (to ensure i’m not just hustling them for a free hose) and they responded immediately and my new hose is in the mail…

I asked them if the new hose will have the same sticky issues and they said it shouldn’t as they changed the manufacturing process and actually make the hose in-house now…but if I ever had any issues with it, they would replace it again for free… can’t beat that!

I know Menards sells Flexzilla hose, so you can get 11% back…

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

for the record, all I had to do for Flexzilla was send them a photo of my grungy hose, then enter a webform with my mailing info and finally take a picture of my existing hose with the ends cut off (to ensure i’m not just hustling them for a free hose) and they responded immediately and my new hose is in the mail…

I asked them if the new hose will have the same sticky issues and they said it shouldn’t as they changed the manufacturing process and actually make the hose in-house now…but if I ever had any issues with it, they would replace it again for free… can’t beat that!

Menards sells Flexzilla hose, so you can get 11% back…

Hopefully you cut it directly at the ends and get a hose repair kit and fix it. Great back up hose now

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

Menards sells Flexzilla hose, so you can get 11% back…

Hopefully you cut it directly at the ends and get a hose repair kit and fix it. Great back up hose now

You certainly could…but a hose repair kit sounds like a mythical thing based on how brand new ones typically leak somewhere )

My big thing was I was so sick and tired of kinks that I was sold on the Flexzilla brand and it has lived upto the promise…

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

You certainly could…but a hose repair kit sounds like a mythical thing based on how brand new ones typically leak somewhere )

My big thing was I was so sick and tired of kinks that I was sold on the Flexzilla brand and it has lived upto the promise…
    [/quote]

If your new hose leaks some where then never buy that one again. I can’t have hose leaks working in buildings running 500 ft of hose from my trucks water tank. If I leak in a hospital or office I’m screwed. We repair hoses often from people running them over.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I won’t argue the fact that there are better hoses out there than a Zero G. But for every day, homeowner stuff the 0G has been absolutely incredible, I love it, and I would never buy another homeowners hose that wasn’t a 0G. The only problem is that you pretty much have to unwind your hose to use it if you want a lot of pressure because they have a tendency to stay compressed on the real and you don’t get quite the water flow but who cares they’re Great. Mines 5 years old now. I had a Flexzilla, wasn’t impressed. I just got Fleet’s new flyer on my phone and they have 50 foot zero Gs on sale for 3999, that’s $10 off

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

If your hose is compressed on a reel there isn’t anything impressive about that

CaptainMusky

For residential use sure because it takes up far less space. I dont have hoses like that though

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

For residential use sure because it takes up far less space. I dont have hoses like that though

If you want to pull out and use 10 ft of hose quick, but you need to pull all 100 because it’s compressed and won’t pressurize, that’s annoying in my eyes.

CaptainMusky

Yeah it would be annoying which is why I wouldnt buy one for me or wouldnt put one on a reel anyway.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I guess I was a little unclear. The only time I need to pull all the hoes out is if I’m trying to get maximum distance out of a sprinkler. But to wash the truck water, the flowers, even use my pressure washer, I pull out what I need and it works just fine. I’m telling you guys this is a great little hose. No more lugging that heavy hose to the back of my property for sprinklers and such. I don’t have irrigation so I’m still a hose guy. In fact, if you put in Zero G recommendations there’s a gazillion of them, I even think there’s a post on here from a year or two ago that I responded to. I can’t even count the times my wife has run over that hose or the bear end with no damage.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Pullin’ all the hoes out

JoeMX1825
    MN

5 days later a slick new Flexilla hose showed up at my door… excellent customer service from Flexzilla! only time will tell if this new hose fixed the previous sticky issue…

Viewing 19 posts - 31 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.