flasher left on over summer.

• Grump Flap

Last winter I picked up a brand new marcum M5, and at the end of the season, aparently it was left on (or my kid flipped it on at some point lol) during the summer, and ran down from a full charge.

Any guesses on if my transdeucer is shot? Do they overheat?

Since this is my first go with a flasher, and i only have about 4 trips with it, im not sure how to tell if anything is hozed up.

Any advice welcome!

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Battery could be shot, but charge it up and try it out.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I would suspect the battery ran out of juice before any damage could be done to the unit or the transducer. I’m sure the battery is toast.

slab-hunter
    Red Wing, MN

Yes, the battery will be shot, however, I would check over the battery wiring connections and any other exposed wiring. After a deep discharge and sitting over the summer, the humidity can accelerate corrosion at exposed terminals. Similar to a D cell left in a flashlight or kids’ toy for a long time, it can reek havoc.
    Hope everything’s OK.
    Don

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Last winter I picked up a brand new marcum M5, and at the end of the season, aparently it was left on (or my kid flipped it on at some point lol) during the summer, and ran down from a full charge.

Since this is my first go with a flasher, and i only have about 4 trips with it, im not sure how to tell if anything is hozed up.

Any advice welcome!

It should be fine. As suggested, charge the battery and see if it needs replacing.

I can’t see why running it dead on the ice vs in your house would cause any issues to the ducer.

Grump Flap

End of season update: battery was shot, but as everyone said, the deucer was fine. Should have replaced it with an equivelant lithium, but I was too cheap. Next season, maybe.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.