Another Walleye Cheek Recipe

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Dang it – Out of stock! bawling lol

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Dang it – Out of stock! bawling lol

No worries…there are other ways. I have knowledge of an odd fellow (perhaps because he always wears SPAM hats) that apparently sneaks into various fish cleaning shacks sorting through filleted walleye carcasses “seeking cheeks”.
    “Seek cheeks” and ye shall “find cheeks”, although sometimes you’ll need both hands. lol

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I was at a resort on Winni and heard of a 26 in eye caught and cleaned. I meandered over to the fish cleaning house and sure nuff there was the filet carcass. I pulled it out of the gut pail and measured it… 26″ on the button. Then I noticed the cheeks were still intact.

Went back to the cabin and came back with my knife. I took those two cheeks and others back for an afternoon snack.

It’s very little work to remove them although there’s not much there on most fish. Wonder if I need to leave some skin on them for transport?

Seriously they fry up nicely and are good eating. Just make sure you don’t release the fish after taking the cheeks…for god’s sake..that’s sick!

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Most of my clients love the cheeks, but some hate the idea of them. That means we get entire meals of only cheeks!! toast

Attachments:
    1. Walleye-Cheeks.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

OMG Joe! You do realize that there are some that feel you are a criminal for posting that!! Might give someone the idea to cut out the cheeks and toss the fish back.

Since the FW found out her favorite little morsels where cheeks…she hasn’t had a crumb since. (which by the way is ok by me whistling )

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

I can’t believe you BK, you have never have typed anything sarcastic. That is some funny stuff. rotflol

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I was at a resort on Winni and heard of a 26 in eye caught and cleaned. I meandered over to the fish cleaning house and sure nuff there was the filet carcass. I pulled it out of the gut pail and measured it… 26″ on the button. Then I noticed the cheeks were still intact.

Went back to the cabin and came back with my knife. I took those two cheeks and others back for an afternoon snack.

It’s very little work to remove them although there’s not much there on most fish. Wonder if I need to leave some skin on them for transport?

Seriously they fry up nicely and are good eating. Just make sure you don’t release the fish after taking the cheeks…for god’s sake..that’s sick!

Oh…so you do that sort of thing too? I was referring to another odd duck that wore SPAM hats and scavenged through fish carcasses and guts. roll

Seeking cheeks… applause

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

OMG Joe! You do realize that there are some that feel you are a criminal for posting that!! Might give someone the idea to cut out the cheeks and toss the fish back.

Since the FW found out her favorite little morsels where cheeks…she hasn’t had a crumb since. (which by the way is ok by me whistling )

Like you always say BK “Cheek and Release”!

deertracker

Hey, this is CaughtABuzz here, I can’t believe you guys would even joke about this…I mean, with all your credentials and all. How can someone so prominent in the fishing world even consider that! It makes me just sick to my stomach that ANYONE would even consider joking about or actually eating that crap…SPAM is nothing to joke about!

Awesome!
    DT

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

applause bob clowncolor applause spam rotflol

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’m personally insulted Bob! coffee

Rewinding a bit, I was going to ask someone, anyone to produce a photo of a walleye released with it’s cheeks removed. The one from LOTW never did appear.

Then I figured someone would go out and cut the cheeks out just to prove a point.
    Obviously I dumped that thought.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.