Fishing vs. mother in-law

• Timo i

Need i say more. . . .

troutbum
    St. Paul

Thats the first time Ive seen those two words in the same sentence.

And yes, you do.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Oh no this is not gonna be good…I don’t let her get in my way of my fishing!!

Timo i

I fish tournaments only during winter, never placed above 50th. . .out of hundreds soo not to bad but.
    In order to place better in turnys i need to pre-fish when allowed. (And electronics gps and such. . .) during turnys they are forbidden to use.
    Well we were waiting for word from officals if ye or ne on a certain body of water.
    At the same time MILaw (knowing i’m waiting for word) plans a get together which involves me as cook and host.
    Family. . .(also knowing) call and question such event.
    So she’s pushing for this to happen calling etc etc.
    Friends family are over i get the knod off I went. . .
    Meanwhile at the party MILaw dares to say out loud ” there goes a father that doesn’t care”. . . .
    You can picture what happened but times it by 3

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

No win situation. It is always a fine line between family and fish. Fish never talk smack about you behind your back though.

Andrew Byers
    Allegan, MI

I just dealt with a very similar situation. lol

I wouldn’t worry too much. Lets assume your a great father/husband/brother etc… The people who matter in your life, those helping to pay the bills and look to you for husbandry and fathering, should know you well enough to either defend you or not let your MILaws opinion sway them. Family is important, but they should also support you in your hobbies because after all it’s what keeps us sane right? Anywho, i wouldn’t put up too much of a fight, if you can help it. Maybe sit down with her and help her understand that you are meeting all of your family obligations throughout the year and that this is a passion of yours that requires time and effort. Fishing makes you happy right? Lets plug that variable, your long forgotten happiness, into a new advanced equation. If a happy wife makes for a happy life, then what makes the wife happy? Husband holds that responsibility. (my wife makes sure to remind me of that daily) So it should probably read, “Happy husband makes a happy wife, happy wife makes for a happy life.” If fishing makes you happy, then by my mathematical deductions you are well on your way to a happy life my friend!

BTW, I am not responsible for any injuries incurred during the use or reiteration of this advice. I suggest looking for a cheap hotel room or investing in a comfy couch before use. Use at your own risk! You have been warned. ;)

nick roberts

The poo would of hit the fan an blown the roof of the house my MIL ever said that too me. If the wives deserve to be happy why doesnt the hubby have the same right??

Andrew Byers
    Allegan, MI

The poo would of hit the fan an blown the roof of the house my MIL ever said that too me. If the wives deserve to be happy why doesnt the hubby have the same right??

BAM! THAT just happened! lmao.

i couldnt have said it better. )

troutbum
    St. Paul

Friends family are over i get the knod off I went. . .
    Meanwhile at the party MILaw dares to say out loud ” there goes a father that doesn’t care”. . . .
    You can picture what happened but times it by 3

Thats the kinda female crazy you just have to let roll off your back and look at her behavior as a novelty.

Hope the apple fell far from the tree for your sake.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

It sounds like your MIL is pissed because you never asked her to go with you and you throw too many back rather than giving them to her.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

My M-I-L owns a cabin and two boats… whistling

Fisherpaul

My M-I-L owns a cabin and two boats… whistling

I can’t complaint either. My father in law has a boat and two four-wheelers that I can use when ever I please. And he’s the one that got me into ice fishing. I do more out doors with him than my own father.

Timo i

I haven’t even said anything the family put her in focus for me.
    Love my family

Timo i

Oh yeah found a great spot. Flattened the snow and filled in the auger holes. And marked it old school flag pole, dock and rock.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.