Fishing the harbors on the Mississippi.

• chirp
    Rochester

Anybody been out on any of the harbors near Wabasha or Red Wing? How is the ice? Might get out Friday. Thanks in advance.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

I noticed that the flow in Minneapolis was up a little from the week before. There has been some melting and there was the rain we received. With the river possibly on the rise, I would think it would affect the ice in the harbors. I am not from around there and maybe I am wrong. Just remember the age old ice fishing truth, if someone else is already out there, it MUST be ok.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

There were a lot of people fishing in redwing last Saturday. No idea how it is as of today.

purehd
    Newport mn

Pm sent

Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

HI, Chirp! I have been out in the Wabasha Harbor three times. The last time was a week ago. There was about 12″ the day we went. I know that in the past, when I was worried about the ice, I and my friends would walk out on the docks, and drill from there until we found how thick the ice was. Some days, we would just sit on the docks and reel in our tons of sunfish & crappies & perch. Unfortunately, this year all we have seen are the 3″-6″ perch and/or the 4″ sunfish. It has been one of those years. Have you had any luck any place?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.