Fishing apps?

• Nicholas Roy
    Maplewood, mn

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if there are any good fishing/gps lake apps available out there I could use on my phones?

What are some that you have used and found to be very helpful, and likewise what have you found to be a flop.
    Thanks

The info ive learned on these forums in the short time ive been on here has been absolutley wonderful! Good luck fishing!!

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Navionics is pretty widely regarded as a standard. I’m probably going to convert my bow mount Humminbird soon into my go to unit.

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Navionics mapping has been very useful. The nicest part is killing time finding new spots to fish while going about your day to day activities.

Obviously a good weather app is a must. I personally like Wunderground, it seems to be accurate.

Another would be the DNR Lake Finder online APP

Big2thpick
    NULL

Navionics is a pretty good tool.

A friend showed me FishBrain, and I cannot decide if I like it or not. It is basically a FaceBook for fishing. People post reports and pictures. I have not really dug into it, but if people are posting catch pics, that might help show how strong a bite is on a lake.

It seems like there can be a ton of information logged, but you might have to upgrade to premium.

It looks like a pretty friendly and open community as well.

Bugger T. Jones
    West-Central WI

Yessir, used Navionics for the first time last winter, and it put me smack dab on some structure while fishing Lake Winnebego. It’s just too bad there weren’t any fish on said structure (

Dale Rueber
    Red Wing, MN

Navionics has a download that you can pay for or you can bring up their webapp from any device. Disadvantage of the web app is you don’t get GPS location or waypoints but if you are just looking for a map of a lake it is an awesome free resource.

Dirtyocean
    Bloomington, MN

Anybody know of any for the windows phone? Something similar to the navionics app.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The DNR discontinued the Lake Finder APP. You must now access Lake Finder through your web browser. They removed the APP from the Android market and won’t be supporting the APP any longer.

Weird, must have wanted to allocate those resources to stopping the spread of AIS coffee

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.