"Fishermen Are Pigs"

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Hey, I’m a self centered egocentric person and I still pick up after myself!

Rob92761
    La Crosse WI

What happen to the old Indian commercial that had tear coming down his face because of all the litter. they should bring that back but not politically correct.

what happened to the old camping motto “leave it clean than you found it”

big_g
    Isle, MN

what the hell happened to Hootie ? Give a HOOT… don’t pollute… whistling

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Down here, “we” have a saying. Leave nothing but foot prints….or in your cases, boot prints. devil

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Don’t mean to hijack the thread but….So Pug, now that you’re settled in down there how do you like it? Not sure if you are a native Minnesotan or not I turned down a job offer over twenty years ago in Delaware do to my mom being very ill and always wondered how I would have adapted to a move like that.

Love it? regrets? not just Florida but the whole relocation thing.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’ll PM you avert the hijack hijack. I’ll make it public in case anyone alse is interested so I don’t have to repeat myself.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

What happen to the old Indian commercial that had tear coming down his face because of all the litter. they should bring that back but not politically correct.

what happened to the old camping motto “leave it clean than you found it”

I always laughed when I saw that add. I’ve never seen more litter and filth than I have when on a reservation. That add is total BS.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Back to that accountability thing. We could try to let our actions do the talking. If we all did what we were suppose to do on the ice and each of us would at least once go out of our way to do something above and beyond that the perceptions we leave may change.

Rob92761
    La Crosse WI

I always laughed when I saw that add. I’ve never seen more litter and filth than I have when on a reservation. That add is total BS.
    [/quote]

I was not say reservation were clean i just remember that commercial
    from when i was a kid!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Back to that accountability thing. We could try to let our actions do the talking. If we all did what we were suppose to do on the ice and each of us would at least once go out of our way to do something above and beyond that the perceptions we leave may change.

We will. It just hurts ones pride to pick up after other people. Venting helps and I’ll bet this thread reached a lot of would-be litterers.

oldbear
    State Center, Iowa

I can’t blame her for the rant. After the fact all you can do is pick it up yourself.

Eric.Christians
    Sabin - Moorhead, MN

When one person leaves behind a small pile of trash it encourages others to do the same. Eventually there is so much trash people get the mentality that their vey small amount of trash is nothing in comparison to what is already there, so why bother picking up my own trash. Just don’t fall into that mentality and pick up more than your share. You may feel like your peeing in the ocean but every little bit helps!

Hold your buddies accountable & tell them to pick up their trash. If they don’t, go pick it up when they are watching. They will feel bad that you had to pick up after them & will follow your example next time.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.