Fish House Ideas

• Kyle Wills

Hey everyone,

So I have in my mind that I want a fish house that is lightweight and can be used as day house, for the most part. Likely add 2 beds to at least give an option to sleep in. But, the overall idea is to make it act like a portable shelter with being able to pull it with an ATV/UTV, but pick up and go quickly, much like a true portable flip over or hub, without all the setup.

I’ve looked at Core ICE models and the quality looks great and their fish houses are style I am looking for. But, building it myself is going to be cheaper. Would love any input from others that have gone this route, or suggestions. Also, how much of a weight difference is there by have a skid house vs having it be wheeled frame? Goal is to make it as light as possible.

Thanks!

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

I have the biggest, tall ridgeline (14+3’v) and it pulls ok with an old sportsman 700. Probably takes 1min to raise and lower with thier system, but nothing would move faster than a skid house. Hopefully someone has a specific answer, but I would guess skis weigh a lot less than axels, wheels and heavier frame needed on a wheel house.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

My buddy and I talk about doing this all the time. The two main things we want is 1) light enough to pull behind and ATV or snowmobile, and 2) be able to sleep in it

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

These look very portable. I just wish they had a V-nose or I’d be very interested.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

It’s worth a trip to Bebergs to look at them in person. Chris is the guy in the video – he will show you different stuff they have learned over the years. Great company. If you change your mind they will sell you a bare house or do whatever you want to it. Can also outfit it and bring it back for foam and/or finishing. Thier foam guy is good, and a bad foam job is the worst.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

I bought a 12′ enclosed haulmark trailer, hired out drop axle and now have the perfect day shack.4 holes windows, have less than 3 k invested! drops and raises in just a couple minutes. got tie downs inside to haul 4 wheeler all insulated and paneled

Jeff Telander

Here is what I’m building. It’s 8×5 with the floor boxed in to fit between the wheel wells of my truck. It ended up a little heavier than planned, but I think it’ll be manageable for a couple guys. Easily tow with wheeler or snowmobile. I want it to be an early ice sleeper… …next year, as I didn’t finish it in time for early ice this year ????

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2791.jpg

2. IMG_2790.jpg

red bricks
    Mpls, MN

Canvas by the Stitch. http://canvasbythestitch.com/index.html
    Its light. You can Hunt, fish and camp out of it. I can haul my 8 wheel Argo in it with tracks. You can use it all year long and it can be customized. There are bunks that can be added. Super warm with heater on low in the recent sub zero temps. You can be the first out on the ice. I had the underside blown insulation added and this thing will float.

Attachments:
    1. Argo.jpg

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Canvas by the Stitch. http://canvasbythestitch.com/index.html
    Its light. You can Hunt, fish and camp out of it. I can haul my 8 wheel Argo in it with tracks. You can use it all year long and it can be customized. There are bunks that can be added. Super warm with heater on low in the recent sub zero temps. You can be the first out on the ice. I had the underside blown insulation added and this thing will float.

What kind of heater do you use? Vented or non-vented?

red bricks
    Mpls, MN

Its a big buddy. Window cracked. CO detector on board. Computer fans mounted to the ceiling.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

That is fascinating. What does a new canvas cost? Do you store it up? How does “water resistant” work for hunting/camping?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.