Fish Cage

• Mike Burke
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

Here’s a pic It’s 20x36x24″high. probably a bit to big but it should work fine.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20160721_171857160.jpg

2. IMG_20160721_173152766.jpg

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Looks good Mike, we always had a cage for fish on the Miss, that said turtles, mink etc where always a problem, looks like you have a quality plus a good sized cage, the only thing I’d recommend is put a good latch on it, I wouldn’t trust what appears to be a bungee cord, just going by experience is all

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Yes very impressive! (and very light for in/out use…) Well done! waytogo

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I have a small dog kennel like the ones shown above. I would trade it for a 6 pack of beer and a fishing spot if anyone wants to get creative.

Nobody has a problem with otters or other creatures stealing your fish?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Nobody has a problem with otters or other creatures stealing your fish?

I’ve had bowfin try to get sunnies out. Pretty entertaining to watch a bowfin hammering a wire dog crate trying to get to the goodies inside.

My wife said that they had a raccoon open their basket when they were younger, but I think that her dad just didn’t feel like cleaning fish, so he freed them during the night. )

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Very nice. Looks like a little heavier duty version of the minnow cage I built a couple of summers ago.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

My wife said that they had a raccoon open their basket when they were younger, but I think that her dad just didn’t feel like cleaning fish, so he freed them during the night. )

sonofa…. jester

Mike Burke
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

Just updating….used it for the first time last night. We had 20 crappie, dropped it in next to the dock,put fish in it. Went and checked this morning, didn’t lose any fish, lifted it up and scooped the fish out and cleaned them in the comfort of mosquito free daylight. It worked Slick !!! It was worth my time for sure.
    waytogo

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Just updating….used it for the first time last night. We had 20 crappie, dropped it in next to the dock,put fish in it. Went and checked this morning, didn’t lose any fish, lifted it up and scooped the fish out and cleaned them in the comfort of mosquito free daylight. It worked Slick !!! It was worth my time for sure.
    waytogo

After all of that, ended just like a fairy tale. For those of us following this thread, lessons learned! applause

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

waytogo

Glad it worked out. waytogo waytogo

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.