Firebrand fish house review

• castle-rock-clown

I’ve owned my Firebrand 6.5×14 toyhauler fishhouse since October 2014 and have had very minor issues with it. The front service door has hinges that are binding especially the bottom one. I will replace myself. Minor corrosion and nothing that weakens or inhibits operation. This is on some of the steel axle components, all the aluminum is in great shape. The Jeldwen windows are working and have not cracked or failed. Furnace, stove and cabinetry/doors are without defect. Tire wear is minimal with a few thousand miles on them. No roof or other leaks whatsoever. Jacks are manual and original and work like new. Rear ramp works like new without deformation. Overall I’m very happy with my purchase and performance of the unit. My uses include ice fishing, summer camping, fall hunting shack, ATV/cargo carrier.

Attachments:
    1. A73568F5-42F2-4817-B723-7ACE020629B4.jpeg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Clown, Thanks for the review.
    I’m planning on a Firebrand. Probably the Reno without the rear door. 6.5 wide but not sure on 12 or 14″ length. Most of the time 2 people will be fishing maybe a 3rd but not often.
    Any items that I should “for sure” get and any items to “forget about it”?
    I will be pulling it to the Pond with a truck, but around my lake it will be with an ATV (600 Griz) and I’m worried the 14′ might be a bit much compared to the 12′

castle-rock-clown

My 550 griz pulls my 14 fine except for tongue weight compressing the independent rear suspension. I have skis and a shoe but then the weight is off the tongue and you loose traction. Best thing would be 200 lb wheel weights on each wheel when using the shoe. lol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.