Finished my wheel house

• brian schultz
    Minot, ND

Last year I got it done enough so that I could fish out of it. Now this year I finished it up by adding diamond plate to the outside and a stereo with speakers. It is a 17’x7′ V nose trailer. Lucky ND is very loose on trailers. The fender to fender is 9′, but ND allows 10′ with no permit. I have it registered, licensed, and titled. I have a dinette and a bunk bed for sleeping. There are 3 12 volt outlets, 2 12 v USB chargers, stove with range, 19″ TV with a built in DVD that I can run on either 12v or 110v, fan, stereo with 2 outdoor speakers. As for power I have a camper style panel with 12 volt DC on one side and 110v AC on the other side of the panel. I usually run 2 D 29 deep cell batteries and they will last almost 2 days without a charge, but I usually charge them at night anyways. For heat I put a 12v 18,000btu forced air furnace and it works well. Last year we spent the night at -23 and we were in slippers. I put six holes in it with catch covers. Half of the front “V” is a bathroom with a honey bucket. I only put that in there so that my Little girl would go with me for the weekend. All lights to include the trailer lights are LED’s. It also has a 1 piece rubber roof. In the summer my in-laws used it as a camper and I put one window big enough for a small window shaker AC unit and it cools it nicely. I built everything and I really enjoyed the built. I figured I have about half into it compared to a “ice castle”.

It’s a Miltona frame and this is what it started out as.

Dinette with bunk down and folded up. The table also turns into a bed.

I few of the inside.

I few of the outside.

Finally the reason I built it. She goes every weekend with me and is a fish slayer. This picture was in Dakota Country magazine.

Im just waiting the lake to freeze up!

castle-rock-clown

Very nice, it sounds like your investment has already paid off in ways you can’t put a price on.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Nice work. Just wondering. Outside of your own time and labor, do you have a ballpark figure of how much you have into it?

FDR

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

That looks sweet. Looks as good as any factory built unit. Looks like many great memories will be made with it. Kids with fish and smiles can’t be beat. waytogo waytogo

brian schultz
    Minot, ND

Nice work. Just wondering. Outside of your own time and labor, do you have a ballpark figure of how much you have into it?

FDR

ballpark 6500 or so. I got mattress for free and the furnace.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Very nice and very well done. Do you know the weight with every thing installed?

brian schultz
    Minot, ND

Very nice and very well done. Do you know the weight with every thing installed?

It weights in about 3000lbs

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Thanks Brian job well done on the shack and raising the fishing partner right.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Well done!
    How many hours did you have into the project?

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Nice looking shack! Fishing in style there!

riverrat56
    New Ulm, MN

Very nice!

I’m impressed you got that built for $6500! There’s over $7k into mine and it’s considerably smaller (6.5×12+V front) is

brian schultz
    Minot, ND

Very nice!

I’m impressed you got that built for $6500! There’s over $7k into mine and it’s considerably smaller (6.5×12+V front) is

I got the furnace and mattress’s for free. I also got a smoking deal on the knotty pine about 50 percent off. I also did a a lot of price shopping on eBay and used a ton of cabbalas points to get the hole covers and battery charger.

brian schultz
    Minot, ND

Well done!
    How many hours did you have into the project?

Not really sure I would say 100 hours. If I built another one I think I could shave 25 hours off of that now that I know what I’m doing.

riverrat56
    New Ulm, MN

Nice work on deal hunting. I started mine on deer opener weekend and had it on the ice new years eve so I didn’t have time to shop around.

Again, very nice looking house!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.