Fine For Fishing Out of Season??

My favorite thing is when people drop a conspiracy theory that makes zero sense, involves people that don’t even stand to gain anything from participating, and has perfectly logical explanations

Dan
    Southeast MN

There should be a separate thread where people can discuss how the earth is flat, Ted Cruz’s dad killed JFK, and COVID-19 is a made-up/overblown hoax. No facts, just people’s theories.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

also, our rural hospital is losing $3 million per month since the hospital restrictions and our Family company is losing $200 million per month.

If we are going to test our way out of this (which I am fine with). hospitals need to have restrictions lifted because there will be no where near the surge as predicted by a model that is predicated on returning to “somewhat normal” in order for the surge to occur.

We have to make sure that the only evidence provided will be people’s feelings though

blank

There should be a separate thread where people can discuss how the earth is flat, Ted Cruz’s dad killed JFK, and COVID-19 is a made-up/overblown hoax. No facts, just people’s theories.

Haha, I haven’t heard that one. I might have to research that for a good laugh.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Ted Cruz’s dad killed JFK, and COVID-19 is a made-up/overblown hoax. No facts, just people’s theories.

Haha, I haven’t heard that one. I might have to research that for a good laugh.

That one is from Donald J. Trump himself during the 2016 Republican Presidential Primary while Cruz was an opponent of his.

blank

An interesting read.

People that die without ever even being tested are added to the clicker automatically.

Influenza and Coronavirus share a lot of the same symptoms, but they’re being counted as Coronavirus.

No tinfoil here. I like my facts instead.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/health/us-coronavirus-deaths-trends-wednesday/index.html

The virus isn’t a hoax.

However, it’s been grossly overblown.

Jan Malcolm of the MN Dept of Health has said that is not the case in MN. All of the CV deaths in MN have been confirmed positive tests.

Dan
    Southeast MN

People that die without ever even being tested are added to the clicker automatically.

That’s false. I read the article you referenced and while some of what you say is true, they’re not “added to the clicker automatically.” Looks like their signs and symptoms are being evaluated and if they’re consistent with COVID-19 that’s when the determination is made.

B-man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>

That’s false. I read the article you referenced and while some of what you say is true, they’re not “added to the clicker automatically.” Looks like their signs and symptoms are being evaluated and if they’re consistent with COVID-19 that’s when the determination is made.

And Covid shares a lot of symptoms with other flus/viruses/colds.

If the shoe fits, CASES ARE BEING LABELED Covid without testing, even if the shoe fits others.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20200416-112645.png

They wouldn’t have to do that at all if we had prepared accordingly by increasing production of tests. B-man can I ask you an honest question? What is there to gain by blowing this out of proportion? Specifically at the level of a doctor or hospital?

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

They wouldn’t have to do that at all if we had prepared accordingly by increasing production of tests. B-man can I ask you an honest question? What is there to gain by blowing this out of proportion? Specifically at the level of a doctor or hospital?

The deep state duh

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

They wouldn’t have to do that at all if we had prepared accordingly by increasing production of tests.

I think people realize that you are not voting for Trump in November. But, I just don’t see what value this comment has at all going forward. If it was possible to have the CEO of Abbott Labs on here to tell you the science and process of making such tests. Would you believe him/her?

B-man

You’d have to ask the CDC, who are the ones instructing the hospitals to raise the case numbers without concrete evidence.

If that doesn’t get you anywhere, ask whoever is directing the CDC…..

An economic collapse will have to have a good reason. If the death numbers are extremely low, it won’t make for a very good excuse. Cough Cough

We aren’t saving millions of lives by keeping 20% of the population home. Sure we’re saving some….but at what cost?

With 80% of the people still at it, how has an explosion not happened yet??

We should have a nationwide hug-a-thon and get this thing over with. I think the numbers would still be unimpressive.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Nolan mitchell wrote:</div>
    They wouldn’t have to do that at all if we had prepared accordingly by increasing production of tests.

I think people realize that you are not voting for Trump in November. But, I just don’t see what value this comment has at all going forward. If it was possible to have the CEO of Abbott Labs on here to tell you the science and process of making such tests. Would you believe him/her?

I didn’t mention trump at all. I don’t believe that one man controls every aspect of America. I understand the complicated nature of designing a test but we have had ample opportunities to ramp up and haven’t taken them. At this point we are actively defunding testing sites at a federal level.

You’d have to ask the CDC, who are the ones instructing the hospitals to raise the case numbers without concrete evidence.

An economic collapse will have to have a good reason. If the death numbers are extremely low, it won’t make for a very good excuse. Cough Cough

We aren’t saving millions of lives by keeping 20% of the population home. Sure we’re saving some….but at what cost?

We should have a nationwide hug-a-thon and get this thing over with. I think the numbers would still be unimpressive.

I will never understand the distrust of experts. If the theory is that the cdc is telling private hospital systems to tell individual medical directors to tell individual medical doctors to inflate the numbers then……..I don’t know what to say about that. Exponential growth gets bad in a hurry once it ramps up, not immediately

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>

I will never understand the distrust of experts. If the theory is that the cdc is telling private hospital systems to tell individual medical directors to tell individual medical doctors to inflate the numbers then……..I don’t know what to say about that. Exponential growth gets bad in a hurry once it ramps up, not immediately

Do you believe expert Economists?

I don’t agree with B-Man by the way. i fully know/believe that the totals are based on COVID + test. However, what happens (just like with influenza) though… Is patient A is admitted with sepsis (lets say with a urinary tract source), he/she is 86 years old and is DNR/DNI and Codes. Just so happens he/she is COVID +. This person clearly did not die OF COVID but they would be listed because of the + result. Right or wrong, this is what happens.

Did I say that this wasn’t hurting the economy?

I know you work in a hospital. I can’t imagine a scenario where an 86 year old patient with sepsis and a legal order that says doctors can’t resuscitate or intubate them would be tested for coronavirus. Why would they test them when the fever is explained by the blood infection?

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

at this point you did not not answer either question. The good of your first ‘point”. or whether you believe expect economists.

blank

I’m deemed essential and have been working remotely at home, and I know plenty of other people have as well, even people who aren’t in essential businesses. So saying only 20% are staying at home isn’t accurate.

at this point you did not not answer either question. The good of your first ‘point”. or whether you believe expect economists.

Fair enough. I believe expert economists that say this is hurting the economy, sure. I also believe the expert economists that say mitigation is easier to overcome than allowing the virus to get out of control, ie New York, Italy. I haven’t seen any experts coming out saying the virus response has been overblown, other than Dr. Oz I guess.
    As for my first comment being unproductive, sorry, I guess? Pointing out that we waited 2 months to do anything was over the line, you are so right

B-man

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20200416-122620.png

B-man, thank you for providing a graph that shows how quickly the cases ramped up and also, hopefully, shows the mitigation strategies starting to work.

Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘Fine For Fishing Out of Season??’ is closed to new replies.