Fine For Fishing Out of Season??

• bigpike

My opinion means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. Good luck to you and yours

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

My opinion means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. Good luck to you and yours

Not true. it means a lot. you influence people, as do i.

The narrative sent to us at the beginning of the shut down is that we are buying time for hospitals to prepare. this narrative (models) suggests that we will be going back to society and that hospitalization and death will happen. (no matter how flat, the area under the curve does not change). i can tell you that hospitals in MN have all the supplies and are more than ready. many are being laid off and/or furloughed.

the new overwhelming narrative is that we will not be letting loose of the shut down (or maybe slightly) until everyone is tested repeatedly, or antibody testing complete, or has been vaccinated. If this is true, why did we scream at the top of our lungs for ventilators, ICU increases, and PPE shipments? If we all “stay safe” at home and wait for this narrative then every initative we pushed for based on the initial model is completely wasted and hospitals will for surely be closing. (if you don’t believe me take a look at how hospitals were doing prior to the shutdown). Not to mention, unemployment will go past 20%.

i don’t believe people who go camping are a threat to anyone. if you want an example to back my opinion up, look to Georgia beaches. Remember about 3 weeks ago…. How much flack the Gov of Georgia was taking for leaving the beaches open? Go take a look at the Georgia Dept of health website, look to coastline counties and their numbers. Insanely low. the proof is in the numbers. not media posts. campers and area residents are perfectly safe given the current environment. If you are over 60 with prior health conditions, you might want to be more cautious. But even those folks have to right to live how they want, threat or not.

You opinion matters! make sure to check multiple media outlets (regardless of political influence) and make an informed decision on your risk and your risk to others.

Reef W

i don’t believe people who go camping are a threat to anyone. if you want an example to back my opinion up, look to Georgia beaches. Remember about 3 weeks ago…. How much flack the Gov of Georgia was taking for leaving the beaches open? Go take a look at the Georgia Dept of health website, look to coastline counties and their numbers. Insanely low. the proof is in the numbers.

That was during spring break when many people travel to beaches. Since Georgia, with about 2x the population, has 8x as many confirmed cases as Minnesota I’m not quite convinced. I don’t know that the beaches had anything to do with those numbers but neither can you say the county map proves it didn’t.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>joe-winter wrote:</div>
    i don’t believe people who go camping are a threat to anyone. if you want an example to back my opinion up, look to Georgia beaches. Remember about 3 weeks ago…. How much flack the Gov of Georgia was taking for leaving the beaches open? Go take a look at the Georgia Dept of health website, look to coastline counties and their numbers. Insanely low. the proof is in the numbers.

That was during spring break when many people travel to beaches. Since Georgia, with about 2x the population, has 8x as many confirmed cases as Minnesota I’m not quite convinced. I don’t know that the beaches had anything to do with those numbers but neither can you say the county map proves it didn’t.

the locals did not get infected by the spring breakers! (the local county numbers) just like the locals won’t get infected by us slob campers.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigpike wrote:</div>

Not true. it means a lot. you influence people, as do i.

The narrative sent to us at the beginning of the shut down is that we are buying time for hospitals to prepare. this narrative (models) suggests that we will be going back to society and that hospitalization and death will happen. (no matter how flat, the area under the curve does not change). i can tell you that hospitals in MN have all the supplies and are more than ready. many are being laid off and/or furloughed.

the new overwhelming narrative is that we will not be letting loose of the shut down (or maybe slightly) until everyone is tested repeatedly, or antibody testing complete, or has been vaccinated. If this is true, why did we scream at the top of our lungs for ventilators, ICU increases, and PPE shipments? If we all “stay safe” at home and wait for this narrative then every initative we pushed for based on the initial model is completely wasted and hospitals will for surely be closing. (if you don’t believe me take a look at how hospitals were doing prior to the shutdown). Not to mention, unemployment will go past 20%.

i don’t believe people who go camping are a threat to anyone. if you want an example to back my opinion up, look to Georgia beaches. Remember about 3 weeks ago…. How much flack the Gov of Georgia was taking for leaving the beaches open? Go take a look at the Georgia Dept of health website, look to coastline counties and their numbers. Insanely low. the proof is in the numbers. not media posts. campers and area residents are perfectly safe given the current environment. If you are over 60 with prior health conditions, you might want to be more cautious. But even those folks have to right to live how they want, threat or not.

You opinion matters! make sure to check multiple media outlets (regardless of political influence) and make an informed decision on your risk and your risk to others.

That’s why it’s called flattening the curve, not eliminating it. These measures are taken to prevent a spike in cases from overwhelming resources. And, of course, when that spike doesn’t happen you have people saying “See, there’s no issue! This was all for nothing and they’re just trying to take muh freedom!”

Regarding Georgia, they still had shelter in place and distancing rules in effect on the beaches.

correct, flattening the curve so hospitals could get ready for the spike that will occur when mandates release. not when mandates change.

just to be clear, i am not saying, nor did I ever say “there is no issue” or this was all for nothing”. i think these assumptions cause a lot arguing.

correct with Georgia, they still had distancing rules just like we will have for the opener or for camping.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

The coast line counties (aka Northern MN counties) are the number in question. not the overall state population, which is highly concentrated in the Metro Cities of every state in the country.

this thread or conversation was about the threat to small communities where us Minnesotans travel to to camp and fish. Perfectly safe with the caveat that you take normal precautions. (aka, wash your hands, don’t be a slob, etc)

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

not the overall state population, which is highly concentrated in the Metro Cities of every state in the country.

While it may be true that the Twin Cities area has the most cases, actually Martin County has the most cases per capita which means they have the highest infection rate. St Louis County is also moving higher recently because there is an outbreak at a senior center I believe.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

not the overall state population, which is highly concentrated in the Metro Cities of every state in the country.

While it may be true that the Twin Cities area has the most cases, actually Martin County has the most cases per capita which means they have the highest infection rate. St Louis County is also moving higher recently because there is an outbreak at a senior center I believe.

you nailed it Gimruis. Us campers aren’t planning visits to northern MN nursing homes, nor are anyone allowed there from the community. Senior living Centers just like Martin COunty. Martin County’s number have changed very little for the past 2 weeks. those beginning numbers are now recovered. Total numbers are not the currently infected numbers. Very misleading to those not paying attention.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

How did this thread go from a “fine for fishing out of season?” to the virus?

blank

The original poster was just trolling….

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

If this is true, why did we scream at the top of our lungs for ventilators, ICU increases, and PPE shipments? If we all “stay safe” at home and wait for this narrative then every initative we pushed for based on the initial model is completely wasted and hospitals will for surely be closing.

just to be clear, i am not saying, nor did I ever say “there is no issue” or this was all for nothing”. i think these assumptions cause a lot arguing.

Could you clarify a bit for me? You seem to be contradicting yourself. Also seem to be heading to the conspiracy side of things by calling it a ‘narrative’.

Sorry to sound like a conspiracy Mike. If we do not open up normal economies, (I am not talking about Twins games or insanely large crowds). i am talking about the vast majority of jobs that were stopped, small business, bars, restaurants, shopping, local entertainment, beaches, parks, resorts. Then there will be no spike. The things we paid for, prepared for, …. in my example hospitals, shut all things that keep hospitals alive, down. renovated rooms, got ventilators, accumulate PPE etc. all these were for some kind of spike.

If they would have said we are staying home and/or keeping the things listed above closed, until everyone can be tested and/or vaccinated then we would not have needed to shut hospital services down. They shut hospitals down to prepare for somewhat normal (again not Twins games) life to happen (aka push the spike AND flatten the curve).

Staying home and keeping restrictive mandates on the economy are essentially the same thing because other than playing in a park, what can you do?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I think the OP was actually wondering if he could target a fish out of season and wondering what the punishment was for getting caught…aka poaching.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I’m planning to go camping and fishing next week. I won’t be within 20 yards of anyone the whole time. Sure seems safer than going to a Walmart right now.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jesse Krook wrote:</div>

I think the OP was actually wondering if he could target a fish out of season and wondering what the punishment was for getting caught…aka poaching.

In my previous post I stated it’s not to worry the DNR really don’t care.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jesse Krook wrote:</div>

The original poster was just trolling….

Let me clarify – I want to GO trolling.

Ripjiggen

The question comes from anticipated shut down of opener by Comrade Walz.

Pretty sure this is why it was originally asked and turned to the virus. coffee

gregory
    Red wing,mn

I’m planning to go camping and fishing next week. I won’t be within 20 yards of anyone the whole time. Sure seems safer than going to a Walmart right now.

Isn’t that the truth, I go to town once or twice a week for supplies, menards and runnings, and it’s just solid people, running into you in aisles etc.do groceries from small local shop and order groceries online for parking lot pick up. I think I was less exposed prior to shelter in place. Don’t get me wrong I think it’s the right thing , I just don’t think people should be at stores wandering around cause there bored at home! Get your crap and go home or Fishing!

Ice Cap

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>

Isn’t that the truth, I go to town once or twice a week for supplies, menards and runnings, and it’s just solid people, running into you in aisles etc.do groceries from small local shop and order groceries online for parking lot pick up. I think I was less exposed prior to shelter in place. Don’t get me wrong I think it’s the right thing , I just don’t think people should be at stores wandering around cause there bored at home! Get your crap and go home or Fishing!

Or maybe those people you keep bumping into are at the store for the same reason you are to get supplies?

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

i can tell you that hospitals in MN have all the supplies and are more than ready. many are being laid off and/or furloughed.

Feel free to send some of those ample supplies to metro hospitals. My wife and her co worker are allotted one mask a day and don’t currently have any more when the box runs out.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

i can tell you that hospitals in MN have all the supplies and are more than ready. many are being laid off and/or furloughed.

Feel free to send some of those ample supplies to metro hospitals. My wife and her co worker are allotted one mask a day and don’t currently have any more when the box runs out.

My wife too, there is not enough supplies and don’t listen to people like Joe for any actual information.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tindall wrote:</div>

My wife too, there is not enough supplies and don’t listen to people like Joe for any actual information.

Well if they don’t have enough supplies this far into this, my guess is they are not going to have enough supplies anytime soon. It strange that hospitals don’t have enough mask but you see people everywhere walking around with them. Where are all those supplies coming from?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Daily production volume of medical masks in China 2020, by type

Published by Lai Lin Thomala, Apr 9, 2020

A SARS-like coronavirus outbreak has been spreading in China since December 2019. To combat the virus which originated in Wuhan, the government has announced emergency measures including speeding up medical mask production. As of February 3, 2020, China was producing around 14.8 million medical masks daily, reaching production capacity utilization rate of around 67 percent. The country exported several billions of medical supplies as the coronavirus pandemic worsened across the world.

This is in addition to the #’s being produced by 3M here in the US. Just how many mask are needed? Those seem like some huge #’s to me

Mos’

They are not short on masks, not uncommon to be allotted 1 mask per per hospital staff. As Comrade Walz wants to continue to spread fear not facts hospitals continue to take precautions against this magical surge that is supposed to come but never comes. They have the masks just do not want to burn through them while hospitals sit empty

For clowns trying to still hang onto the “flatten the curve” narrative and agenda. The following are CDC FACTS look them up I know you people hunkering down scared because “authorities” said you should have time..

There were 810k hospitalizations in 2018 for the flu
    There were 400k hospitalizations in 2019 for the flu

How come neither of those events over run our poor under-prepared hospital systems? Covid is going to have around 65k hospitalizations and this is worth shutting down America?

Also why did Walz shut Minnesota shut down in March based on the IHME model but when that same model changed to only predict 500 or so deaths last week he says its “too optimistic” and extends stay at home orders. Hard for liberals to give up control over the masses.

If you are scared stay home but don’t require the rest of us to do so

They are not short on masks, not uncommon to be allotted 1 mask per per hospital staff. As Comrade Walz wants to continue to spread fear not facts hospitals continue to take precautions against this magical surge that is supposed to come but never comes. They have the masks just do not want to burn through them while hospitals sit empty

For clowns trying to still hang onto the “flatten the curve” narrative and agenda. The following are CDC FACTS look them up I know you people hunkering down scared because “authorities” said you should have time..

There were 810k hospitalizations in 2018 for the flu
    There were 400k hospitalizations in 2019 for the flu

How come neither of those events over run our poor under-prepared hospital systems? Covid is going to have around 65k hospitalizations and this is worth shutting down America?

Also why did Walz shut Minnesota shut down in March based on the IHME model but when that same model changed to only predict 500 or so deaths last week he says its “too optimistic” and extends stay at home orders. Hard for liberals to give up control over the masses.

If you are scared stay home but don’t require the rest of us to do so

“This is 10x worse than the flu.”
    Dr. Fauci, world renowned expert

“Liberals are taking my freedom over nothing.” Some guy on the internet

Who to believe?! Hard choice. A bad flu YEAR is 70k deaths. The US has had 30k covid deaths in two months with all of the precautions we have taken so far. If you aren’t worried about it, I know a lot of LTC centers that are looking for volunteers. Someone who isn’t scared of catching it would be perfect. Let me know if you would like me to hook you up. Oh, the center I am intimately familiar with is giving staff one mask per week so you’ll probably have to bring your own. I’m sure they are looking forward to the help!

Mos’

I forgot when Fauci became all knowing..? He’s been really consistent over the past 2 months too with his wild predictions with not one coming true. Might want to look into his 30 years in politics before you follow him blindly

But you nailed it – easy way out to say “hey look how good we did, we stopped the apocalypse #inthistogether” but wait they keep pushing that apocalypse down the road see how long you’ll follow. Walz now saying July is the peak? I thought this week was supposed to be bad?

Appreciate the work of the LTC glad they have masks, I already sit in an empty healthcare facility though so they will need to find help elsewhere if they need it even

I forgot when Fauci became all knowing..? He’s been really consistent over the past 2 months too with his wild predictions with not one coming true. Might want to look into his 30 years in politics before you follow him blindly

But you nailed it – easy way out to say “hey look how good we did, we stopped the apocalypse #inthistogether” but wait they keep pushing that apocalypse down the road see how long you’ll follow. Walz now saying July is the peak? I thought this week was supposed to be bad?

Appreciate the work of the LTC glad they have masks, I already sit in an empty healthcare facility though so they will need to find help elsewhere if they need it even

I’ll take Fauci and the NIH, the Mayo Clinic, the CDC. You can have trump, internet trolls, and Fox News. We’ll just have to see I guess. I have seen people predict this week as a bad one for the country or New York. 2-3 thousand deaths per day doesn’t seem great. I have not seen anyone say that this was going to be an awful week for MN. Exponential growth doesn’t look bad until relatively large numbers start doubling. I would love to hear more about the empty facility you are sitting in. Shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone given the lack of elective procedures and the current low numbers of the virus in the state. Can’t help but think we are in the thick of this picture

Attachments:
    1. 0212439D-89CF-4DB0-8983-2F95360C8EE3.png

B-man

I had read that flu hospitalizations and deaths have dropped dramatically since Covid came to town…..

Seems……strange….. whistling

There possibly couldn’t be any number fudging could there????

Like flu symptoms being coded as Covid symptoms…..

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Just to be clear. I am an Oncology Pharmacist that works daily with the most vulnerable patients at the hospital. We are allotted 1 mask per day TOO CONSERVE FOR THE SPIKE!!!!!!!! NOT BECAUSE WE DON”T HAVE ENOUGH!!!!!!!!! FACTS FROM THE FING SITE!!!!!

I spoke with our hospital president yesterday. We and all of ALLINA are as ready as we will ever be.

I am not conspiracy theorist. i know what the F I speak of.

I had read that flu hospitalizations and deaths have dropped dramatically since Covid came to town…..

Seems……strange….. whistling

There possibly couldn’t be any number fudging could there????

Like flu symptoms being coded as Covid symptoms…..

Yup. Definitely a liberal conspiracy that all the hospitals are involved in. Hospital executives are known proponents of universal single payer healthcare. Wait….. Maybe flu deaths have decreased because flu season is ending………

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

B-MAN

When you stay at home, everything communicable drops.

When you drive 25 MPH, death drops too.

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘Fine For Fishing Out of Season??’ is closed to new replies.