Fine For Fishing Out of Season??

• tindall
    Minneapolis MN

Shelter in place currently goes until May 4
    Fishing Opener is Saturday, May 9

If the dates were the other way around, no doubt opener would be cancelled/postponed. As it stands now I’d give it 70/30 chance opener still happens. However stay tuned if restrictions are put in place that will curb widespread participation…

“Fishing” and “driving for pleasure” are specifically listed as “exempted activities” in the stay at home order – so they would need to modify the order to ban fishing even if it was extended past May 9.

bigpike

Watch and see what Wisconsin does.

So far the county park is closed on the lake. So no camping and thats a good thing in my humble opinion. At this point nothing would surprise me. No fishing will not stop me. Start writing the ticket. I can work because I’m expendable I mean essential. I can go to the store and have 20 people breathing down my neck.. Cottage people can come and go as they please so unless they confiscate my boat there will be no stopping this guy.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

So no camping and thats a good thing in my humble opinion.
    [/quote]

Why would it be a good thing? just curious

bigpike

[/quote]

Putting 60 groups of campers ontop of each other with there pets and kids running around. Campers come from all over. Campers buy gas, groceries. Are all those campers going to be responsible with who they bring and how they shop and travel. No. And that’s why it’s a good thing for our small community. Once this is over I will welcome them with open arms. I’ll even cut, split there firewood and start the fire.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

What’s the fine for fishing out of season in MN?

Varies a bit based on where you get the ticket. I got nabbed for an extra line 10-12 years ago (Hennepin county), and it was about $140.

Ripjiggen

Whoa had a bunch of stuff going today. 3 pages on speculation if something is going to happen a month from now. Nice work. applause

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Well, what else is there to talk about? Can’t talk about gardens….it’s snowing. Can’t talk about the Twins, Wild, Vikings they aren’t playing. Can’t talk about the Timberwolves, they never play.

Can’t talk about the virus, BK will get us.

Throwing crap against the wall about the opener is entertaining. Although I said weeks ago that the worse isn’t here yet & it’s still not.

bigpike

Dutchy nailed it. Plus I see what they did in Michigan and Washington. 1 month ago I didn’t think I’d be locked in my home throwing crap at the walls either.

Matthew Sandys

I will poke the bear!
    Has shelter in place slowed down netting or will? I assume people would not be traveling to do it or traveling that far?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I will poke the bear!
    Has shelter in place slowed down netting or will? I assume people would not be traveling to do it or traveling that far?

O good one!!!! applause I can’t respond cuz I get slapped every time I do. coffee

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

There’s people on this website that are still traveling to other states just to catch some walleyes with their buddies because they feel it’s their right instead of being a responsible citizen and only sticking local with people from your household. This is frustrating for everybody. Don’t think that you are special because of _______, you’re not.

Ice Cap

Well Walz is consulting and taking advice from Whitmer in Michigan and Evers in Wisconsin as to how they can open the economy as a region together according to what I read today. Hope he doesn’t follow Whitmers lead they are in a much different situation than Minnesota. They have over 1600 more death certificates listing Covid as the cause of death than Minnesota does.

As far as fishing and hunting being in Minnesota’s Constitution I’m not sure how that blends in with Walz’s Peace time emergency declaration. I’m guessing he can shut it down if he wants under emergency powers or a executive order under those powers?. I don’t see him doing it however.

I don’t know how you can continue to open more businesses as essential and then shut down fishing opener. Would seem a bit contradictory.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

I have to say, despite not getting an answer to my question, this has been the most fun I’ve had on a post I’ve started. smash yay whistling jester

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

I will poke the bear!

I just figured out Comrade Walz’s motivation for the shelter in place order …he’s obviously pro Mille Lacs management and is just trying to keep nets out of the lake this year.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Fishing out of season is otherwise know as ‘poaching’. Don’t be that guy.

Lol good one bass thumb. That answer woulda sufficed instead of 3 pages on speculation of what might happen in May.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Well Walz is consulting and taking advice from Whitmer in Michigan and Evers in Wisconsin as to how they can open the economy as a region together according to what I read today. Hope he doesn’t follow Whitmers lead they are in a much different situation than Minnesota.

No kidding. Most of the issue is in Detroit and Milwaukee, neither of which are remotely near here.

Sioux Falls is looking like a bigger issue now, major outbreak at Smithfield Foods.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The fishing opener isn’t getting cancelled/stopped/delayed, etc. Walz has referenced data and models with every decision he has made so far. There is no data to support this action. It must be a slow day around here for a lot of people to drum up this conspiracy.

Deuces

Whoa had a bunch of stuff going today. 3 pages on speculation if something is going to happen a month from now. Nice work. applause

It must be a slow day around here for a lot of people to drum up this conspiracy.

I don’t get the need for such comments belittling others conversations. Don’t like it? Don’t want to read it? Move on. You obviously read through to the point you commented so why even comment yourself.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I don’t even know why this is a discussion. There is only one person in this nation with the power to shut down opener. The one with a total authority.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    It must be a slow day around here for a lot of people to drum up this conspiracy.

I don’t get the need for such comments belittling others conversations. Don’t like it? Don’t want to read it? Move on. You obviously read through to the point you commented so why even comment yourself.

Thanks for the free advice… sleeping

You obviously didn’t consider my emoji when reading.

bigpike

BK save us from this spam!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

He likely has a belly full of Spam and is belly up on the couch. grin We should be safe for a while I think. rotflol

Deuces

Thanks for the free advice…

You obviously didn’t consider my emoji when reading.

I did, and read it as sarcasm.

My apologies on bad interpretation.

riverruns
    Inactive

I just about broke down and bought a 30 pk of Hamms today at the KT. $10.88, first is that a good deal? Second, is it any good?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

“$10.88, first is that a good deal”….

Its a great price if you’re going to keep reading this thread.

Dan
    Southeast MN

And Go Pack!

Haha I’d give anything to go back to the simpler times of just bickering about football!

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

There’s people on this website that are still traveling to other states just to catch some walleyes with their buddies because they feel it’s their right instead of being a responsible citizen and only sticking local with people from your household.

You’re not wrong. There sure are whistling

I dont feel its an awful thing to do if you go prepared. Buy groceries and bait at home ahead of time. Pay at the pump gas. If you do need something in town, just send one person. Wear a mask if you have to. Sh!t, the best part about going to the cabin is avoiding other people. No reason to change that now!

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>joe-winter wrote:</div>

Once this is over I will welcome them with open arms. I’ll even cut, split there firewood and start the fire.
    [/quote]

What does “this is over” look like to you? Curious

bigpike

Curiosity killed the cat

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Curiosity killed the cat

No problem, man.. Your opinion is similar to others but seems different then mine. I was interested in your opinion. thats all.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘Fine For Fishing Out of Season??’ is closed to new replies.