Fine For Fishing Out of Season??

• Deuces

Is this the legislation that passed Jon?

“The Hunting and Fishing Amendment
    The hunting and fishing amendment is a brief statement that would be added as a new section 12
    in article 13 of the state constitution as follows:
    “Hunting and fishing and the taking of game and fish are a valued part of our
    heritage that shall be forever preserved for the people and shall be managed by law
    and regulation for the public good.”

The ballot at the November state general election will ask the voters the following question:
    “Shall the Minnesota Constitution be amended to affirm that hunting and fishing
    and the taking of game and fish are a valued part of our heritage that shall be
    forever preserved for the people and shall be managed by law and regulation for
    the public good?”
    An amendment to the state constitution must be approved by a majority of everyone voting at the
    general election; voting at the general election but not voting on this amendment counts the same
    as voting “no.”

I put in bold the wording that could be problematic for you guys who fight for it to remain open. Again, only if this is the specific language in the books.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Some new workers have been established as essential today, per the Governor’s Orders. Several of them are directly related to the fishing and boating sector so I would see this as more evidence that fishing season/opener will continue as planned.

– Workers necessary for the operation of safe harbors and marinas to provide refuge for boaters when conditions making boating on open water unsafe and operations related to safety services such as fuel, emergency dockage and sanitary pump-out stations.

– Workers providing boat transportation services.

– Workers who install and support the installation of docks, boat lifts and other water related equipment and boat delivery.

– Workers who construct, repair, and maintain decks and fence

– Fishery labor includes bait harvesters

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

The governor may not be able to shut down fishing but could say no motor power boats allowed on the lakes.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

“Hunting and fishing and the taking of game and fish are a valued part of our
    heritage that shall be forever preserved for the people and shall be managed by law
    and regulation for the public good.”

Right! The fishing is managed, not the virus!

-J.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

At best, lake property owners will be able to use their lakes, but boat access will be closed, and visitors will not be allowed to cabins…

Minnesota’s lakes do not belong to lakeshore property owners any more than they belong to any other resident of MN. They bought the property, not the lake. If fishing is closed for one resident, it’s closed for all of us.

Grouse

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I really don’t think all of this Stay at home, Shelter in place, Essential worker crap will be extended beyond the current May 4th Date. I believe that the breaking point for a lot of people and Small business’s has about been reached. I don’t think either the Federal or state government wants to see what happens if the continue to push all of this much further. Just my .02 worth. I guess we will find out in a few weeks if I’m correct or not.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>toddrun wrote:</div>
    At best, lake property owners will be able to use their lakes, but boat access will be closed, and visitors will not be allowed to cabins…

Minnesota’s lakes do not belong to lakeshore property owners any more than they belong to any other resident of MN. They bought the property, not the lake. If fishing is closed for one resident, it’s closed for all of us.

Grouse

Even though they may not close fishing – They may close the accesses ( Like they did on Rainey ) Something such as this would limit access to the lake to only those with property on the lake. If I was a owner of property on a lake, I’d make sure I’d have my boat landed and tied up to my dock or on a boatlift well before opening weekend.

Comrade walz…….I am so sick of communists trying to save the lives of Minnesotans. We need good capitalists like the republicans bailing out farmers from their own tariffs, claiming absolute power, and buddying up to Putin.
    Minnesota Department of Health and the Mayo Clinic are two of the most respected organizations around and that is who is guiding walz’s decisions. He has shown no signs of blindly following other states.

Angler II

Some new workers have been established as essential today, per the Governor’s Orders. Several of them are directly related to the fishing and boating sector so I would see this as more evidence that fishing season/opener will continue as planned.

– Workers necessary for the operation of safe harbors and marinas to provide refuge for boaters when conditions making boating on open water unsafe and operations related to safety services such as fuel, emergency dockage and sanitary pump-out stations.

– Workers providing boat transportation services.

– Workers who install and support the installation of docks, boat lifts and other water related equipment and boat delivery.

– Workers who construct, repair, and maintain decks and fence

– Fishery labor includes bait harvesters

This👆👆👆👆👆👆

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I really don’t think all of this Stay at home, Shelter in place, Essential worker crap will be extended beyond the current May 4th Date. I believe that the breaking point for a lot of people and Small business’s has about been reached. I don’t think either the Federal or state government wants to see what happens if the continue to push all of this much further. Just my .02 worth. I guess we will find out in a few weeks if I’m correct or not.

Pretty sure walz just extended it until May 13th.

“Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz has extended Minnesota’s peacetime state of emergency for 30 days, until May 13. The extension will allow measures like the closure of schools, restaurants and bars; activation of the National Guard; regulatory changes; and the state’s Stay at Home order to continue. “

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I could not remember the exact date that it was extended it to. 4th or 13th. I still doubt it will be extended another month beyond the current extended date.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz has extended Minnesota’s peacetime state of emergency for 30 days, until May 13.

Shelter in Place is thru May 4th (for now), he just extended his State of Emergency powers until May 13th, so if he deems it necessary he can extend Shelter in Place again or any of the other powers within the State of Emergency. Not sure how his State of Emergency powers would work in a fishing ban situation, and hopefully we don’t have to find out.

blank

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>

“Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz has extended Minnesota’s peacetime state of emergency for 30 days, until May 13. The extension will allow measures like the closure of schools, restaurants and bars; activation of the National Guard; regulatory changes; and the state’s Stay at Home order to continue. “

No, yesterday’s extension of the peacetime state of emergency grants him the authority to sign executive orders. The previous state of emergency order was going to expire on April 13th, so in order for the stay at home orders to be in effect (until May 4th), the state of emergency order was required to be extended (for another 30 days).

bigpike

Ok. I’ve read this through. I have a number of comments and suggestions Id like to make but Big Bad BK is gonna blow this bee-ach up at any moment

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>

No, yesterday’s extension of the peacetime state of emergency grants him the authority to sign executive orders. The previous state of emergency order was going to expire on April 13th, so in order for the stay at home orders to be in effect (until May 4th), the state of emergency order was required to be extended (for another 30 days).

thanks for the clarification.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

What’s the fine for fishing out of season in MN?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Oh ya – I’m not sure – I’m sure if you call the local game warden he will be happy to take you name and get back to you with a answer jester

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Call the DNR help line for this info. I’m not sure whether different species get a different fine or not.

hillhiker
    SE MN

Well according to a quick google search it looks like it would be about $125. This was from a document from 2018, but it gets you in the ball park. My guess is this would be for a first offence. If I remember correctly fish and game violations have some leeway in adding on things like loss of license as well. google “mn fishing fines”, it was the second item down for me. Your looking for the mncourts.gov link

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Call Steve Fellegy, didn’t he purposely get caught to take the state to court?

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Ok. I’ve read this through. I have a number of comments and suggestions Id like to make but Big Bad BK is gonna blow this bee-ach up at any moment

Yep 👍

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Simmer down, guys. The Opener will not be closed. I wouldn’t plan on getting burgers/beers from a sit-down restaurant that weekend, though.

Fishing out of season is otherwise know as ‘poaching’. Don’t be that guy.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Peace time state of emergency is not the stay at home. Please check your facts.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The Opener will not be closed.

Oh crap………me and B-man was gonna go rip out some barricades and stuff. sad

Oh well, we will wait for the next crisis I guess. wink

FryDog62

Shelter in place currently goes until May 4
    Fishing Opener is Saturday, May 9

If the dates were the other way around, no doubt opener would be cancelled/postponed. As it stands now I’d give it 70/30 chance opener still happens. However stay tuned if restrictions are put in place that will curb widespread participation…

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bass Thumb wrote:</div>
    The Opener will not be closed.

Oh crap………me and B-man was gonna go rip out some barricades and stuff. sad

Oh well, we will wait for the next crisis I guess. wink

OK, my bank ATM card has a $3K/day limit, I’ll start pulling bail money out now,,,,,

HRG

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Watch and see what Wisconsin does.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘Fine For Fishing Out of Season??’ is closed to new replies.