Finding a good monofilament for slip bobbers

• FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Mono is cheap.

Soak in hot water before putting on reel.

After good use, let line out to untwist.

Buy in bulk and change often.

I go through a lot of mono in the winter months pitching.

I prefer suffix elite, but that’s almost entirely due to the color.

roger

what kind of reel, line and bobber stop works so that it don’t always get hung up on the reel

Jonesy

I’ve been using that jew suffix advance all year and I love the stuff. Only mono I use now.

Deuces

I’ve been using that jew suffix advance all year and I love the stuff. Only mono I use now.

I also enjoy this line quite a bit this year. Good luck finding it anywhere tho in 6-8#. Cold fall fishing it will get tested thoroughly.

Have you used it for slip bobbers? I didn’t like how Sensation sank, and the advanced being a copolymer I am curious to what you are seeing for it floating?

B-man

what kind of reel, line and bobber stop works so that it don’t always get hung up on the reel

The most important thing with bobber stops is to leave the tag ends long (like a 1/2″ on each side of the knot).

The shorter you trim them, the more likely they are to catch and hang up on the spool and through the guides.

It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize that lol

B-man

Wait-What???? jester

Tinker
    Iron Range

X 2 . I have been using Advance since it came out. It works great for slip bobbering for Crappies. Use 4 and 6 lbs all last winter on my inlines .

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

I tried that suffix advance on a jigging rod (8 lb) and float rod (6 lb) this summer and have to say that I am really impressed! I will definitely be spooling up a couple rods with 6 lb for this ice season.

roger

B-MAN THANK YOU.. HAVE TO TRY THAT

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.