Finally Doing It!

• 3Rivers

Good luck to you! It’s a scary leap and lots of work, but very rewarding.

Iowaboy1

Thats awesome B-man !!
    nothing like going out on your own!!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

GO for it!
    Good luck.

I’ll be coming to go fishing Skipper or is it Captian?

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Congrats Bman! Running after your dream is hard but very rewarding. I hope everything works out great for you as I’m sure it will. I would love to get on the water with you if nothing else to pick your brain about Garmin settings. Tight lines bud!
    Can’t believe no one suggested “The Master Baiter” toast

Deuces

Congrats and best of luck on your new adventure. toast toast

Timmy

Very cool! You will be successful, no doubt.

Playing off the twins theme…..how about “Gemini Charters” or “Dead-Ringer charters”

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Mason would encourage the idea of ben and hank on board. Would be a great day.

ThunderLund78

Congrats!! – It’s a blessing to be able to do what you love for a living and to share it with others.

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

Best wishes on your adventure. I had a captains license in the 80s. No better job when the weather is good, the boat is running well and the fish bit. Unfortunately, all three didn’t happen enuf. I may have also been a victim of my own success. As this business blossomed, time in the summer with my family waned. My daughter grew up on me without me being around something that I regret. I post this to encourage you to keep your business small and not let it consume you. Pick clients that want to have fun and not consumed by how many fish they’ll catch. Sooner or later you’ll fail on catching fish and those clients will leave. Chartering will make you a better fisherman for sure. You’ll have memories and stories to cherish and recount the rest of your life.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Congrats BMan! My buddy runs the boat “Just Chillin'” for his charter business Team Crush Outdoors out of Duluth, and loves it. You will want to connect with some of the established charters to get a lay of the land, as well as they often pass business around when they are booked or need some help. Let me know if you want some contact info, or just look him up online. Good luck on the new endeavor!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Gitche Gumee Guide cool With some kind of 3G’s Logo

B-man

Thanks again guys for the kind words and ideas. Can’t wait to get some IDO guys out, and I’ll report back to you each once things get settled in.

I have an appointment for my TWIC card tomorrow, which is a critical part of the puzzle to become a USCG Master Captain.

Captddh, thank you greatly for your input. My plan is to do just what you suggested by keeping it small. I cannot and will not sacrifice all of my time with clients instead of my kids.

Believe me, my wonderful and supportive wife will let me know before that happens mrgreen

She also happens to be going to school for her master’s as well, except her’s will take a bit longer and cost us a lot more money rotflol

Bigwerm, I’ve seen your buddy on the water, but never had the chance to meet him. Where does he dock?

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Bigwerm, I’ve seen your buddy on the water, but never had the chance to meet him. Where does he dock?

Congrates B Man. He docks at Park Point Marina. He has the first dock slot when you pull into marina, right across from coast guard.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>

Congrates B Man. He docks at Park Point Marina. He has the first dock slot when you pull into marina, right across from coast guard.

Yup, just look for the giant red beard or Team Crush fish hanger!

Viewing 16 posts - 31 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.