Finally Doing It!

• B-man

I signed up for a Master Captain’s Course this winter waytogo

Hope to run a handful or two of charters this spring, summer, fall and early winter on Lake Superior. It will be a fun part-time gig, something that I’ve dreamt about doing for years.

It is of great help to have friends and family that are small business owners (some even charter owners) that I will consult with about a business plan. I’m also fortunate to have a sister-in-law who is a web designer and specializes in social media marketing.

I run a reliable and seaworthy Grady White 208 Adventure, loaded with proper safety gear (VHF, PLB, Radar, Cold Water Immersion Suits, etc), as well as auto-pilot, new electronics, and top quality fishing gear. I will also obviously be insured as a charter.

The rates will be fair and comprable, and I can fish up to three clients comfortably (I can squeeze in a fourth if the client so desires, but it’s really, really cozy, especially if they’re all adults). There will be full refunds for inclement weather or ice, as well as the option to reschedule. I may also implement a no-fish-no-pay guarantee (I’ve never been skunked on the big lake, but I don’t want to jinx myself either lol)

The clients would also have the option to fish in the harbor for walleyes if the lake is too rough.

Later this winter I’ll get a website and Facebook page up and have a booking calendar with available dates.

My business will also need a name. If you come up with the company name that I choose, you’ll get a trip at a great discount!! Shoot any ideas my way waytogo My ideas as of now are something along the lines of “4-Seasons Superior”, “Superior 4-Seasons”, or “All-Year Superior”. I want the name to stand out as a charter that fishes before and after the big inboards are in/out.

Thanks guys and wish me luck.

Looking forward to seeing a couple of you on the water waytogo

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20210113_142745.jpg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Cool where do you intend to be based out of?

B-man

Mainly out of the Duluth-Two Harbors area. For now it will be all in Minnesota waters, but I may expand into fishing the south shore as well at a later time (WI).

It will cost more for me to do so, but if the demand is there it will be a possibility.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>

Mainly out of the Duluth-Two Harbors area. For now it will be all in Minnesota waters, but I may expand into fishing the south shore as well at a later time (WI)

Nice B-man where do I sign up.

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Best of luck in your new adventures!

Very cool to see you chase your dreams.

From what you share of yourself on IDO I see nothing but success in your fishing future.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’m sure you’ve looked at many of the study guides or part of that are on line. Hours of reading and applying common sense. Good luck on your venture

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Awesome. Congrats. Do you need to go to Florida for training?? I know a guy that think hot a captain license and had to go down there for some training.

How bout the S.S. MINNOW.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Very cool Bman. Let us all know where we can book trips with you. I’ve wanted to take a charter up there for a few years.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Very cool and good luck.

Is “Superior Fishing” taken?

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

Would you be able to handle a family of four? One guy three girls ? Lucky day charters ??

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Mason and I would love to be one of the first clients

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Good luck B-man,are the boy’s co-first mates?

B-man

Thanks for the kind words and PM’s guys. I promise you will have a lot of fun waytogo

It’s actually crossed my mind to offer a 50% discount for up to two clients if they want to fish with Hank and Ben mrgreen

Fishing with kindergarteners has it’s caveats jester

Ripjiggen

Thanks for the kind words and PM’s guys. I promise you will have a lot of fun waytogo

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>chuck100 wrote:</div>

It’s actually crossed my mind to offer a 50% discount for up to two clients if they want to fish with Hank and Ben mrgreen

Fishing with kindergarteners has it’s caveats jester

Oh I’m in book it. My soon to be five year would think that is the best part of the charter..I honestly could sit back with cold one and enjoy the show.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Congratulations! Best of luck with everything!

We will have to drag you away up to LOW at least once.

Coletrain27

B-man charters “if you don’t catch we don’t collect” If the fishing is slow the kids would be good entertainment waytogo

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

‘Bout Trout
    Trout “Know” Doubt
    Flynn Red Fin

Best of Luck!!

Ron

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Best of luck following your dream B-man. You and your boys would make for a great trip.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Congrats B-Man!

It’s amazing how close you will become with your clients. I’ve had many of the same clients for nearly 20 yrs. Many of them feel like family.

As far as bringing the boys fishing I think your closer clients will encourage it eventually.

The whole guiding thing is more work than you could ever imagine but its a lot of fun to share your passion with others.

Good luck!

Beast

There’s no way in hell that I’ll ever call you Captain, Remember, I was around when you was running around like a young buck in rut!

Adam Steffes

Hey B-man, do you need a used box fan for that vessel? I know where you could pick one up. PM if you want the address.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

Congrats and Good Luck.
    Call it Twin Ports Charters for the boys!

B-man

Would you be able to handle a family of four? One guy three girls ? Lucky day charters ??

I can. Ideally two or three people is perfect (not counting myself), but a fourth is possible, especially if one or more passengers are children and you expect a cozy boat mrgreen

I have a small cuddy that works for a couple kids to play in or kick back and play on a tablet if it’s not too rough out. It also will let an adult and a child to take a nap, but my goal is always to keep the action going enough to prevent that rotflol

I also have a small privy in the cuddy for the girls to use, or a hunting blind to use on the deck.

B-man

Again, a huge thank you to each and everyone one of you. I’m stoked to get you guys on the water and any active IDO member will get a break. Once the ball gets rolling I’ll get out more information. Your support means more than you could ever imagine!

Congrats and Good Luck.
    Call it Twin Ports Charters for the boys!

I’m liking it, if I decide to fish both MN and WI that would be a killer name!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Congratulations bman! Thats fantastic and I assume a little tough to pull the trigger! But that’s what it takes.

How about “Superior All Year” as opposed to “All year Superior”? Kind f a double entrendre…

Best of luck!

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Congrats B-Man!! Very cool! Keep us posted on the progress. I’d love to get out there with my boy someday! waytogo

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.