Fiberglass boat repair

• mud

Looking for recommendations and feedback on a good fiberglass boat repair facility in the twin cities. Looking for some transom/stringer repair.

mojogunter

George’s in East Bethel did a really nice job fixing my fiberglass 7 years ago. I think they are now owned by someone else, so I can’t say if they are as good as they used to be or not.

mojo

Just east of the metro near exit 4 in Hudson is Imperial Boat Repair. Owner, Jim is kinda flaky, but his guys do great work and his pricing is less than most – especially if you can wait until off-season.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Carstens Industries in Melrose can handle that as well.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Interesting. I thought they just laid up fiberglass. Do they do repairs on fiberglass also? Would it need to be a boat they originally did or would they tackle Skeeter, Ranger, Yar-Craft ect.?

ganderpike
    Alexandria

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ganderpike wrote:</div>

Interesting. I thought they just laid up fiberglass. Do they do repairs on fiberglass also? Would it need to be a boat they originally did or would they tackle Skeeter, Ranger, Yar-Craft ect.?

Carstens can and does both closed and open molding applications. They have a repair shop that can handle most repairs, gelcoat and structural composite. I can’t speak to price, but I do know they have access to the “industry standard” materials and have dealt with almost every hull issue out there.

With Warrior being slow, my guess is they have capacity.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Good to know, thank you.

snelson223
    Austin MN

Hassis paintworks in Stillwater did a good job on my boat.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.