Favorite Spinning Rod Handles/Reel Seats

• waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

All, curious what your favorite reel seat/handle configurations are for spinning rods? Personally I’m a pretty big fan of the Fuji VSS (ST.C Legend Tournament) or the Fuji TVS (Legend Xtreme), but I’m always looking to try some new setups as I build some more new rods.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I like to use plastic comfort palm swell. They are offered by many different companies in different sizes, are lightweight, and cheap. The soft touch is a nice upgrade to this handle. The aluminum ones look cool but add weight.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I have 1 JT Custom rod with the Tennessee handle on it that I have become a big fan of. It allows you to put the reel in a spot that works best for you

tswoboda

I can be happy with just about any reel seat on a spinning rod but I’m a sucker for an old school skeleton seat with cork insert – Croix Avid used it for years.

That said, I build all my personal spinning rods with a very simple carbon tube Tennessee split grip.

nord

bigstorm, I’m with you. I love the Tennessee handles.

Red Eye

I build all my rods with a palm swell seat also. Either by Areo or others that are the same or similar. I really like them with the soft touch finish. And I hate exposed threads on the reel seat. This is the way my handles look finished and most people I build for choose this also.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0327-scaled.jpeg

2. IMG_0647-scaled.jpeg

3. IMG_2473-scaled.jpeg

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Great looking handles Red Eye.

Red Eye

Great looking handles Red Eye.

Thanks. I suck at fancy wraps so I try to do something different with the cork.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

What are you using for a rod wrapping jig? Your rod wrapper is what makes doing fancy wraps easy. At least the one I designed and built does. Sorry I can’t find a good picture to load of the wrapper.

MX1825

I like the look of those palm swell. I prefer full cork on my ice customs. Split cork handles are just ok for me. I don’t have any custom soft water rods. I might have to have 1 built with the palm swell and try it. I have pretty big hands so a palm swell might be nice.

Red Eye

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Red Eye wrote:</div>

What are you using for a rod wrapping jig? Your rod wrapper is what makes doing fancy wraps easy. At least the one I designed and built does. Sorry I can’t find a good picture to load of the wrapper.

I made my hand wrapper myself. Its cheap and junky but it works for what I do.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.