Favorite fishing shows?

• Ryan Hughes

Hello everyone I was just wondering what everyone’s favorite fishing shows are? I am looking for some new ones to DVR. Obviously IDO is one of the better ones but what are some others?

lhprop1
    Eagan

The Next Bite is good, but I see from the upcoming season trailers that it looks like they got rid or Pete Maina.

Can’t go wrong with The Hunt for Big Fish with Larry Dahlberg.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Out West, my favorite is called Angler West TV. In your guys neck of the woods, I DVR The Edge, Al Linder and the Babe Winkleman show.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Fishing Ed
    IDO
    Jason Mitchel
    Linders

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

HEY HEY – HEY
    Wait to obnoxious.

Nevermind

Justin Phillips
    Bloomer, WI

In Depth Outdoors is far and away my fav since its pretty local bites and they actually detail what they are doing, Jason Mitchell would be my second fav. Want to get into Across The Ice Belt, but something about that show just turns me off for some reason.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I rate IDO first, linders second Al and Ron just look like would be a good time to spend a day on the water with. Jason Mitchell some shows find interesting. I used to watch in fisherman but couldn’t tell you if it is even on the air anymore. I am watching fishing on you tube the most lately and finding different people takes interesting.

buddah6

IDO, Fish Ed, and I love the different spin that they put on fishing shows via Uncut Angling….

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

For ice fishing it’s mostly IDO, but if you’re into bass fishing at all Major League Fishing is awesome and Zona’s Awesome Fishing Show is hilarious and has quality fishing and big name guests. I also really enjoy Due North Outdoors for some local outdoors.

hnd

I watch on wfn or youtube a ton of shows.

ido obviously
    next bite – I really like their show. its on par with ido for sure.
    woods and water – jon is loud but their locations are reasonable destinations for most of us.
    jason mitchell – dude is pretty boring to listen to but I still enjoy the show
    fishing 411 – spends too much time on canadian resort water but I still enjoy learning about trolling.
    outdoorsman adventures – gary howey. I met him once and have been a fan since
    fishign the midwest
    extreme angler
    krappie kings
    fish tv
    the 1 bass show I won’t miss is facts of fishing. love dave mercer.

FryDog62

Lindners
    Joe Bucher
    Hook n Look
    Major League Fishing

I like IDO too, but not much of a walleye guy or ice fisherman so a lot of the shows aren’t my focus but hosts are great..

Timo i

(Addictive fishing).. . . hello!!!!

When i lived in florida that show rocked also Spanish fly.

Check it out for yourself see what you think.
    All saltwater great for vacation knowledge just sayin’
    Tight lines florida has fish too

Ryan Hughes

When i lived in florida that show rocked also Spanish fly.

Check it out for yourself see what you think.
    All saltwater great for vacation knowledge just sayin’
    Tight lines florida has fish too

Addictive is a good one that I had forgot about.

I was just looking into tarpon trips lol. My wife is happy to let me go fishing as long as she gets to go somewhere warm. Also looking into roosterfish in costa rica and we just got back from Mexico. I got to watch my wife fight with and finally land after an hour a 160 lb stripped marlin so that was pretty cool. Don’t get me wrong I love to fish for walleye but there is something to be said about saltwater fishing.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

tarpon are a top my bucket list and would tune into that show particularly when it was a tarpon episode.

Jonesy

1.IDO Only show I will actually watch the ice shows.

2. Babe Winkleman. I just like him

3. The Next Bite. Not too excited Chase Parsons is going to be a regular though.

4. Jason Mitchell. I feel like he actually is one of the better ones as far as education.

5. Angling edge. Pretty much only watch the walleye and musky episodes.

Honorable mention would be fishing the Midwest with Bob Jensen but I’m not sure they still do shows.

31lifer

I prefer Linder for his all around knowledge but Virgil Ward had a show a long time ago that was a must watch on the weekend and it had a catchy jingle: From the lakes of northern Canada to the gulf of Mexico wherever fish are bitin’ that’s where were going to go………

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Well, for me

May years ago it was Bill Dance, Rowin Martin, then there is that tall slender guy that sold the “Viper Lure” and Jimmie the bass kisser.

Then along came a group that carries some weight to watch. The Spanish Fly, IDO and The Linder’s. There was also a salt water fisherman that was older and had a rather full body, wore the side and back flap hat. I learned and still do the one thing that I got form him. Grab the line in the middle with some slack and roll it around the rod to keep from threading one into an other in the rod locker. IT just simply works!!

SO, For the last many years IDO is only available to me on my-tube hah down here, and I think that I have watched them all at least once. Uncut Angling is the only other one that I watch anymore on the net as well.

I have no idea what is on the boobie tube anymore to watch.

By the way what happened to the older fishing shows, like Flipper and Sea Hunt? lol

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Not that you care but…

Sportsman’s Adventures – I get a kick out of Capt Rick Murphy

Chevy Insider Fishing Report – Much like IDO “realtime” fishing reports…and Miss Florida Brie Gabrielle. Like the work bench segment too.

Reel Time – Florida Sportsman – Best forum down here. Host finds hot bites at the site and then goes out with people reporting them.

Addictive Fishing – I like Capt Blair. He sure likes horsing fish in.

Flats Class

Florida Sport Fishing – Its ok, but too many (if not all) offshore shows

Not a fan of, but watch just the same
    Fishing the Flats – Waszczuk is annoying, but I get a kick out of the chef
    Florida Adventure Quest – Jason South is annoying and a shill

vger
    River Falls, WI

Linder’s (incredible knowledge)
    Fishing Ed (good at explaining)
    Waters & Wood (fishes our area but John needs to tone it down a bit)
    Jo Buchner (just a good fisherman)
    Jason Mitchell (just a good fisherman and explains techniques)

Basically I want to watch and learn to fish better not watch a 10 min. infomercial.

Sorry IDO, you’re tops for ice but I don’t play that way.

SaskAngler
    Buffalo Narrows, SK

In no particular order:

IDO-The best ice shows, although Jason Mitchell also does a good job.

Jason Mitchell Outdoors- probably the most diversity of the good fishing shows, but IDO also does a lot of different shows.

Uncut Angling- they’ve got a unique style but they fish with a lot of guys I know from guiding and tourneys and they are a group of very good, young anglers.

Fishful Thinking- not a lot of diversity in the fish/locations, but he’s done a number of shows from Cree and Reindeer lakes in the last couple of seasons which means plenty of real big fish on camera.

Next Bite, Angling Edge, Fish Ed, Musky Hunter and a few others are good as well but they either don’t put episodes online or the episodes that are online aren’t full length, and that’s the only place I can go for fishing shows these days, so they don’t make the top choices for me.

Timo i

RH
    Costa Rica rings my bell and toots my horn
    Love it there the surfing and fishing OMG
    My buddy knows the locals very well fished out of canoes for snook that would almost flip when you set the hooks (doubles)
    And the roosters and the power they have at any size
    But what tops it all is the simplest snooks off the beach
    With a hair jig that has seen its better day

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

Uncut Angling has turned into my favorite show to watch. Those boys got skillz, passion, and they are absolutely hilarious. If you check out some of thier blooper reels, one of the dudes has a killer lindner impression. Obviously IDO, and lindner, always up there but for entertainment, Uncut cracks me up!!!

dbrode
    Mingo, IA

I must be the only one but I enjoy In-fisherman

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

How about the Tony Dean outdoors fishing show he lived from 1940-2008. I really liked his shows because there was no hype and very little advertising and the advertising there was, was all outdoor related. Tony’s show was a laid back and how to do it in detail where they were fishing, they also filmed some hunting shows and most were recorded in South Dakota, all the older guys will remember him. How about in-fisherman, Bill Dance, Roland Martin, Babe Winkelman, Jimmy Houston the fish kisser and Hank Parker. How about the show where Bill Dance had Mell Tillis fishing on the bank for carp and as Bill Dance went by in his boat he asked Tillis what he was fishing for, Tillis acting like he was a local hillbilly, said Carp and that he didn’t fish and didn’t like bass and only carp, then after they talked a little bit Dance asked Tillis if he was ever in a boat and Tillis said no, Dance pulled into shore and Tillis got in the boat, that was a pretty funny show. Does anyone remember the show that had this older guy and his son on, It was being shown out of the state of Minnesota I’m pretty sure, in the late 60’s and early 70’s man I wish I could remember his name. How many can remember when the beetle spins first came out, man I’m getting old.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

How about the Tony Dean outdoors fishing show he lived from 1940-2008. I really liked his shows because there was no hype and very little advertising and the advertising there was, was all outdoor related. Tony’s show was a laid back and how to do it in detail where they were fishing, they also filmed some hunting shows and most were recorded in South Dakota, all the older guys will remember him. How about in-fisherman, Bill Dance, Roland Martin, Babe Winkelman, Jimmy Houston the fish kisser and Hank Parker. How about the show where Bill Dance had Mell Tillis fishing on the bank for carp and as Bill Dance went by in his boat he asked Tillis what he was fishing for, Tillis acting like he was a local hillbilly, said Carp and that he didn’t fish and didn’t like bass and only carp, then after they talked a little bit Dance asked Tillis if he was ever in a boat and Tillis said no, Dance pulled into shore and Tillis got in the boat, that was a pretty funny show. Does anyone remember the show that had this older guy and his son on, It was being shown out of the state of Minnesota I’m pretty sure, in the late 60’s and early 70’s man I wish I could remember his name. How many can remember when the beetle spins first came out, man I’m getting old.

Ya I really liked the Tony Dean shows also until he started adding golfing courses of the Dakotas to his show. I actually think Jason Mitchel which took over the Tony Dean show does a better job at showing how and why he does what he does. IMHO

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I don’t remember the golfing part but I’m like you its a fishing show not golf. The older boy I couldn’t remember the name of was Virgil Ward who had his son on once in awhile.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

What? Nobody mentioned john gillespie!!!

I was wondering how long this thread would go before it at least got mentioned.

IDO
    Next Bite,
    and Woods and Water (Gillespie) are all on the dvr.

I enjoy them all… but will fast forward or pay less attention to some episodes that are very redundant… Woods and Waters most often, Next Bite Musky shows as well.

tom hopkins

Ido is by far my favorite. That being said, I would rate Linder second. I’ve tried watching across the ice belt. Not impressed..it reminds me of a cheap generic old information knockoff of what ido does. Big fish 365 is pretty cool(I think it is episode 5 or 6 is insane guy catches 4 50″muskies in under 5 minutes) Keyes outdoors is ok. in fisherman will do some neat stuff once in a while. I can’t watch water and woods anymore. Each episode is like fishing with a bunch of drunk idiots and you are sober haha

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Theres not enough skill in a lot of things Tom, such is stupid I guess. A lot of the old videos had enough general frame of thought to keep things where they had to be to keep things entertained.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.