Fall Tactics

• gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

I am heading up next week and am very green when it comes to red lake at anytime of the year. I will be going up next week for a quick trip to get out on the water. I would like to go for walleye but also would like to try to get a big pike. I plan on trolling cranks off boards right away and also spinners. I do not need any specific details or spots I am just looking to get a tight line or two. If anyone has any recommendations on depths or any starting pointers I would be very appreciative and also would be willing to trade information and give a report of how I do.

cookie
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

Hey Gunsmith wev’e been picking up a few fish trolling spinners tipped with a fathead 1.5 mph in 7 feet of water. Speed trolling for pike was real good two weeks ago. Also have gotten some nicer fish in 13 feet of water just off the deep rock piles 2 to 3oo yards

basseyes

Any advice I’ve got for this time of year is keep moving and changing tactics till you find what works and what depths they are at, then beat that to a pulp.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.