Trolling flicker shads

• Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

First off I want to say I really enjoy this forum. Finally got the cookies thing figured out so I could post. My question is do the Flicker shad 5 & 7s troll about like the shad raps. My precision trolling book doesn’t have them in it. Also thinking of using a flouro leader on my 12# mono. What length and test would work best. Thanks PS-using boards

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Post deleted by targaman

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Hope this helps

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Glad I could help!

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Targa,

Where did you get that?

Thanks,

FDR

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I think they run a hair deeper than a shad rap. This is if they are in tune. Stuck a 28″ and 29″ walleye today trolling flicker shads.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Mike is right…they run deeper than the SR’s.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Quote:

Targa,

Where did you get that?

Thanks,

FDR

Found it on thenextbite.com

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Quote:

Targa,

Where did you get that?

Thanks,

FDR

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Quote:

Targa,

Where did you get that?

Thanks,

FDR

toothycritters

the dive curve for flicker shads is part of the package they are sold in.I saved mine…

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

It is also in the newer version of precision trolling. I like the flicker shads, but I’ve found that more of them are out of tune out of the box than in tune.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

It is also in the newer version of precision trolling. I like the flicker shads, but I’ve found that more of them are out of tune out of the box than in tune.

I’d happily spend the 20 seconds it take to tune a Flicker Shad vs. the extra $4 per bait to own a comparable Shad Rap.

bthess
    Manly, IA

I second what Ruger said they catch fish period!

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I have had very good luck trolling Flicker shads and I also feel the run deeper than the #5 SR’s. Never had a problem with them right out of the box. I should also mention that I have trolled them on lead and fireline with good results.

Dave

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

I’d say about 2 out of 10 are tuned properly out of the box, but for the price I’ll take that and tune them myself. I have had a couple that I couldn’t get tuned properly, I’ll use them in shallow new water to find the snags.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Thanks for that dive curve. I knew they dove a little deeper, but not that much. That dive curve is dead on, but I guess I couldn’t believe I was getting 13′ with 90′ of line. Caught 2 walleyes in the 15 minutes I did it though. Wish I would have had some shallow diving baits or boards with when the walleyes started biting in 6 feet later that night.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Quote:

I’d say about 2 out of 10 are tuned properly out of the box, but for the price I’ll take that and tune them myself. I have had a couple that I couldn’t get tuned properly, I’ll use them in shallow new water to find the snags.

Ill second this.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.