Trigger X?

• flood-the-pond

Hi All:

I bought some Trigger X (3″ minnow profile – smelt) and tried them out this morning. As a field test one one rod I had the Trigger X and the other a live fathead. I caught 5 or 6 fish on the Trigger X and nothing on the fathead. Lightning hit so went home before comparing it against a Gulp minnow.

Obviously one trip will not form an opinion for me. I did not find many reviews online so I was curious if anyone had opinions/reviews on Trigger X with walleyes? Any opinions vs. Gulp?

Chris

red89
    Hudson

The linders use them on their show a lot since its a Rapala Group brand. Looks like some decent stuff.. good to see somebody caught some fish on them. I’m gonna test their frogs for bass

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Interesting findings!!!!

I may try them too.

Dog

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I have a few packs to try, but haven’t gotten to that yet. From comparing gulp to Fin-S fish, I believe a major factor is the size/color getting reaction strikes opposed to the scent. I like testing stuff like that on cold front conditions when the fish get really butt-faced. As an example, the rage over the last couple years in the Lake MI harbors have been the gulp products. I have done by far much better on the smoke/gold glitter Pro Bass branded version of the Fluke. Same with drop-shotting for summer eyes in deep sand grass. Though I get a lot on gulp, I often do much better on the old Culprit version of the Great Lakes Goby (which was discontinued a couple years ago)that had a better variety of colors.

sandacz

I haven’t tried Trigger X yet but I did test Power Bait vs. Gulp Alive minnows. Two rod jigging, same line, same jigs, same movement – Power Minnows outfished Gulp Alive at least 4 to 1. They were almost identical in color and size.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.