Dave Ka-Boom’s baits??

• bthess
    Manly, IA

Looking at expanding my selection of Crankbaits and curious if anyone has had any experience with this brand for walleyes?? Any specific colors I should concentrate on?? Looking at the “ruff guy” and the “mean streaks”? Thanks

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Their “Old Thunderstick” style baits are every bit as good as the real McCoy!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I’m curious about what you guys think about the hot’n’tot duplicates. I guess Dave was in the family that made the originals, so I’ve heard good things. Is this true? What’s your experience?

The reason I ask is because we ran some Producer’s Double Downers in a tourny, and they’re a hot’n’tot copy. They just don’t hold up. We had one color in particular get hit so much, the lure no longer runs true–the lip is loose on the sucker.

Thanks for your replies.

bthess
    Manly, IA

I personally am not familiar with the crankbait your discussing but see that they have many different colors that seem a little bit different and may help entice a few more bite when it get’s tough?? Maybe they aren’t that popular but they look decent.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

HERE are what the originals look like. I’m not as familiar with Ka Booms, but I want to get some in hand so I can check em out.

Gotta say, some of the Mad Flash colors look hot. Thinkin I better invest in a couple and see how they go.

wallii1

Dave is one of the original Storms and his baits are awesome. Mean Streaks, Winning streaks and the Deep Shiners all work just as good as the originals. The jointed mean streaks have caught many walleyes for me

tonyplut
    Burnsville/Mille Lacs

Chase Parsons uses these cranks A LOT. He’s been known to catch an ‘eye or two.

hanson

During the FLW on Lake Winnebago this week, I fished with one pro who pulled the Winning Streaks (Hot-N-Tots) all day. Of the 3 days of the tourny, this was my best and those walleyes were crushing those baits, we got some nice ones too!

I’d never heard of the company before, that is Dave’s. I’ve since checked them out online after getting home and I’m definitely ordering up a bunch of his Thundersticks, I think they are referred to as Shiners. Like I mentioned, I think I got a big order going in for some for fall trolling. Love those Thundersticks in the fall and Dave’s has some pretty sweet looking colors!

I must say I’ve learned A TON after fishing with a bunch of out of state walleye trollers (namely Pat Neu, Rick LaCourse, and the guys I just fished with from Illinois). Everyone has a bit different approach for their home waters that can work anywhere really.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.