Opener on the big pond

• sauger
    Hastings ,MN

My brother Burbob and I headed out friday for our anual opener on mille lacs with dreams of fat bottomed girls on the end of our lines.Turns out,dreams do come true!It was by far the best opener or two nights for that matter that we have ever had.The numbers and size of fish were unbelievable.We started off on the north side trolling cranks and we never looked back.We ended night one with twenty plus fish over 24 inches,4 at 27and 3 that flopped over the 28 mark.Every fish we stuck I marked instantly on the gps so we soon had a good pattern locked down on this pod of large fish.
    Night number two brought the same.Only difference was the fish moved in shallow,so we changed our approach to fall trolling tactics pulling sticks.Turns out thats what they wanted and we put the to em!Our key speed was 1 to 1.2 mph with very long lines cause they were quite spooky in the shallow water. Here are a few of the fat girls that we had the pleasure to dance with

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Sounds like you guys had them dialed in

Great job

Ron

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

They do make the rockin’ world go ’round!

Nice report and pics!

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Sweet fish guys! Sounds like a great time!

big_g
    Isle, MN

You guys get any sleep yet ??? Who wants to sleep, when you had all that action

big G

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

A couple more

johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

Looks like it was a little brisk out there.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

You fellas bucked the norm and put the hurt on them!!!

You might want to get a little sleep next time…

Your eyes look a little crossed in a few of those picts

Great job boys! See you at GL.

Jami

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Is that Bob or the kid from a Christmas Story???

Great fish boys, you are animals!!

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

Is that Bob or the kid from a Christmas Story???

Great fish boys, you are animals!!

You should see the pics of him I didnt put on! I’m saving them for a special occasion and your right I might have to start calling him ralphie

burbob
    Hastings,MN

I don’t need any more nicknames. It’s your stupid camera, it flashes before it takes the picture making me blink and look stoned in every picture . And to think we only had a six pack in the boat that night, if I look like that in pictures I should at least earn it next time.

kooty
    Keymaster

I’m sure it’s the camera’s fault for making you look fat, not that you had on every stitch of clothes you own.

fancypants
    Hastings

Nice Hogs!

Looks like the flippin stick got a work out.

burbob
    Hastings,MN

Quote:

I’m sure it’s the camera’s fault for making you look fat, not that you had on every stitch of clothes you own.

Hey Meat, easy on the fat jokes. I had my rain gear on over my warm gear that was over my fat

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

guys . Sounds like one H of a trip
    Congrats

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Hey Bob I think maybe you forgot to do the part where you”pass” after your turn!

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

Wow we were up there all weekend too and only ended up with 12 all over 20″. We didnt fish at night at all looks like I should have. Were you out there Friday night it looked like it was nasty out there. We drifted plain hooks with leeches and most of our fish came in 20+ feet of water on the north side. From what I saw looks like you guys did better than anyone else on the lake.

burbob
    Hastings,MN

Quote:

Hey Bob I think maybe you forgot to do the part where you”pass” after your turn!

That was probably our first fish of the weekend 12:05 Sat am. I don’t even have all my warm gear on yet, which makes me question what exactly is in Kooty’s beans

kooty
    Keymaster

You are just lucky you didn’t have all your clothes on then have a bean movement.

burbob
    Hastings,MN

Quote:

You are just lucky you didn’t have all your clothes on then have a bean movement.

You can gamble but eventually the house always wins

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.