Girth Estimate???

• Tim Reszler
    Kenosha

I would like to have a replica of this fish made. I was told a taxidermist can do it with a lentgh and girth measurement. I only took lenth measurement (28″) and let her go. Any ideas from those of you that have caught these big pre spwawn females and taped them?

gary d
    cordova,il

First of all nice fish. If you guess it was around 10# I would think a guess of around 17.5 inchs for the girth. That would put it at 10.72. I would think if you take the picture with you when you decide to do one. They would be able to come pretty close on girth and weigh. Good luck!!

fish30

Great Fish. I would say 17.5 to 18. I had a 27″ length have a 18″ girth, went 9.44.

pdl
    Bayport/St. Croix/Otsego/Grand Rapids

Congrats on the lunker!
    Might want to consider changing your presentation about Mr. Thoreau, though.
    What he actually said was that many folks go fishing without realizing what they are really after. You can look it up when you check the trademark status on this phrase,
    which was registered many years ago by a T-shirt maker. To snarl things up a bit further, he apparently forgot to update his paperwork and the status of that mark has gone to Section 8. According to the website we viewed, that registration “may still be valid in some jurisdictions.”
    Bet your 2014 anglers license is gold as gold, though, eh?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

16 to 17″ very conservatively I lean towards the 17 to 18 on that piggy

Here are some comps

Pic 1 was just under 28 and had a 14″ girth

Pic 2 is just over a 19″ girth

pic 3 was another 30+” with a 19″ girth

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thats a big fish. Cant you just give your taxidermist the length, picture and tell him to make it look just like this? Hopefully he has seen his fair share of prespawn walleyes.

Tim Reszler
    Kenosha

Thanks guys. I actually have not contacted a taxidermist yet. Just throwing around the idea. This same night I caught a 27″er. I put a lot of time in on the river pre spawn looking for that 30″er. Maybe next year. Any taxidermists you guys can recommend?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

What a beautiful fish
    Best part is she’s still swimming!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

16 to 17″ very conservatively I lean towards the 17 to 18 on that piggy
    Here are some comps
    Pic 1 was just under 28 and had a 14″ girth
    Pic 2 is just over a 19″ girth
    pic 3 was another 30+” with a 19″ girth

Sorry for the hijack, Randy, in the first picture you look like Frankie “Sweet Music” Viola!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Randy, in the first picture you look like Frankie “Sweet Music” Viola!

Your scaring me…why on earth would you be looking at me when everyone else would focus in on the walleyes

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.