Walleyes post spawn

• wade_berkseth
    Wisconsin

This is a natural lake, 120 acres, rock, mud, weeds. All the good walleye habitat. Killed the walleyes, on slip bobbers and minnows, fuzzy grub jig and minnows, and Artificials in the usual spawning area where we catch them every year. They are all done there and i cant seem to find them. tips would be appreciated!!!!

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Have you tried at night time or early mornings? They could be shallow.. or try some weedlines around 12-16 feet. Its hard to say when i dont know the lake.. pm me if ya want to include some more details.. id be glad to help if i can.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I would be careful out there, the ice can’t be safe.

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

120 acres- you have to be on them- that is tiny! If it is super clear- go after dark. The lindners would say SSS small slow and shallow. If there are weedlines, I would be all over that. I would try fast presentations first-bouncin-crankin, and if that didn’t work I would creep with split shot leech/minnow/half crawler, shallow, mid, then deep in areas not that far from where you caught them prespawn. If that failed i would crank very fast around the whole thing until I found them because if it’s that small they may just be swimming around the impoundment in circles near the shoreline looking for food. Zig zag your ice drilling pattern and stay mobile. Ice is never 100% safe so be careful out there! just playin on the last part my man!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Quote:

I would be careful out there, the ice can’t be safe.

X2

Wear a life jacket for sure!

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

During the day i would try to find them hanging on the first dropoff/breakline and at night/dawn/dusk they should be up roaming between the first breakline and shore. Good luck!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.