Experience with Garmin Livescope and using an HDMI cable straight to TV?

• usmarine0352

So, I went to get a Garmin Livescope the other day. Only planned on spending $2,799 but said I wanted to be able to shoot the screen of the Livescope onto my friend’s TV in his iceshack.

I was planning on using a cellphone, GoPro, other type camera to video the screen and then use an HDMI cable from there to the TV.

He said Garmin makes a 10″ and 12″ screen that will do that directly because they have HDMI ports but it’s also more expensive.

I thought about my friend’s dog and my young kids running around inside the house and visualized my cellphone, GoPro, or whatever being knocked down into a hole and lost forever.

So, this seemed like a decent solution.

It is the Garmin Livescope 10″ Touchscreen Chartplotter/Sonar Combo model GPSMAP 8610XSV.

My friend suggested a demonstration of it working before I take it out of the store.

Does anyone know if this model Livescope will successfully shoot the picture from the Livescope onto the screen via an HDMI cable?

Thanks in advance.

TOM

Your best bet is to directly send Garmin an email and ask them what you mentioned above. I have a coworker who wanted to do the same as you but he didnt do his honework. So, he bought a cable for that feature but it wasnt supported on his echomap unit, lol. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.