Everchanging boat electronics

• acarroline

Picking up a new boat tomorrow and still working on building out my Livescope setup for the boat and ice fishing. No sense second guessing, so I will :), but looking back I may have gone about my overall plan differently…or maybe not. The one constant with electronics are change.

Boat has a G4 Helix 12 at the console linked to the trolling motor. Main use will be mapping and linking for contour follow while trolling/casting, also great sidescan.

Building the livescope with LVS34IF-GLS10, a 10 inch screen and a 9 inch screen linked. 10 inch will e on a shuttle at the console on a track mount and 9 inch at the bow on a track mount.

The do-over potentially would have been to get a 7 inch helix at the console for use as described, get a 12 inch garmin Ultra 2 at the console and with the gt56 ducer where I can use mapping, sidescan, and FFS, then an Ultra 2 nine inch at the bow. May have been a more economic approach. Shuttle/pole/bag/trafck mounts would all be the same cost with both setups.

Hindsight…

Ripjiggen

Picking up a new boat tomorrow and still working on building out my Livescope setup for the boat and ice fishing. No sense second guessing, so I will :), but looking back I may have gone about my overall plan differently…or maybe not. The one constant with electronics are change.

Boat has a G4 Helix 12 at the console linked to the trolling motor. Main use will be mapping and linking for contour follow while trolling/casting, also great sidescan.

Building the livescope with LVS34IF-GLS10, a 10 inch screen and a 9 inch screen linked. 10 inch will e on a shuttle at the console on a track mount and 9 inch at the bow on a track mount.

The do-over potentially would have been to get a 7 inch helix at the console for use as described, get a 12 inch garmin Ultra 2 at the console and with the gt56 ducer where I can use mapping, sidescan, and FFS, then an Ultra 2 nine inch at the bow. May have been a more economic approach. Shuttle/pole/bag/trafck mounts would all be the same cost with both setups.

Hindsight…

Already spent the money. There is no hindsight. Nor have have the regret.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.