Esox angler Magazine

• average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Hey guys

As a muskie hunter, we’re always searching for more information to make us better in our craft, so to quench that thirst for information we seek out magazines, DVD’s, and books.

I’m sure there are many of us who have a subscription to this publication. I’m posting this because I’m very frustrated with how those of us who’ve been long time customers have been treated for the last year

As you know they haven’t put out an issue since the winter issue of 2009. I can understand that things are tough, with the economy being the way it is, and losing advertisers, but they have completely mishandled this situation.

I’ve called several times over the last year, and have always been given the same excuse They always say we’ve credited your account another issue well, at this rate I’m going for a lifetime subscription

I called again about 2 weeks ago, and nobody answered the phone which wasn’t much of a supprise. I left a message with them letting them know, that I just wanted a refund, rather than wait for another issue

On 12/30 I tried to call esox angler, and their phone number has been disconnected now so I called the next number on the list and I got a hold of a guy who does graphics for them, and he provided me with the owners home phone number, b/c he’s tired of fielding phone calls from angry customers, looking for answers.

I know $40 isn’t much money, but this is about principle in my mind. They haven’t even put out a press release, or an update on thir website to let everyone know about the current state of affairs. Their idea of dealing with this is to just bury their heads in the sand and hope that it just goes away

I was thinking about contacting the BBB, and the state of Wisconsin Attourney Generals office, to infor him about thier busines practices but I’m looking for some ideas as to how we can get some answers

Thanks for your help

bigpike

My guess would be your money is gone and your hope is they can keep publishing something so you can get some sort of “refund” Good luck and sorry to hear this about a pretty good mag…

shaley
    Milford IA

They closed the doors last year, can’t remember the month but I had one of my pics in the last issue printed. Tough economy is hard on everyone even harder on the smaller guys. I’ll miss them at the Muskie Expo always enjoyed stopping by and bs’ing with the guys. There was a notice about the closing but can’t remember where I saw it.

gspeicher
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Now I know why I have not heard back from them with questions about orders for back issues. Thankyou for this post. Spike

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

The summer of 2008 we went on vacation to Hayward. On a trip to town I stopped by Esox office and started a 2 year subcription. I picked up 1 magazine then, and got the next one in the mail, so that’s 2 issues. 2009, we went to Hayward again. I stopped by Esox, everything was marked down, t-shirts ect. I ask the guy there, what was going on, he said times were tuff. I asked if the magazine was pretty much done, he said probably so. I didn’t have the heart to ask for my money back.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Thats understandable, and I’m into giving to charities, but only nonprofit charities

These guys basically took our money and pocketed it and closed up shop

In my mind thats stealing

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

Thats understandable, and I’m into giving to charities, but only nonprofit charities

These guys basically took our money and pocketed it and closed up shop

In my mind thats stealing

All depends on how you look at it bud….

If they knew they were closing shop and allowed you to subscribe, I absolutely agree with you and that’d be a blatant rip off. BUT….if they’re simply taking on business in high hopes enough continues to come in to keep things afloat, they don’t want to cheat anyone….they’re just trying to make it, the same as you and I.

You really can’t ask for your money back on an investment gone bad and those subscriptions…..aren’t too far removed from being exactly that.

It’s hard to swallow losing any amount of money in these tough times so I don’t blame you for feeling sore. I would, however, encourage you to continue searching for answers “nicely” before your emotions get the best of you. If you were running a business and simply ran out of money, well…..what would you pay anyone back with?

They do owe the public an apology for any misunderstandings but again, even if you’re on the up and up, how many “mad” people to you want to explain yourself to? An announcement on the website would seem to be the least they could do and it doesn’t help them to ignore that obvious, proactive move.

Again, I understand your frustration…..but take a deep breath and make sure you remain diplomatic. It may make the difference in getting them to do the professional thing.

shaley
    Milford IA

There was notification and apologies on 2-3 different muskie web sites.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

That’s cool but, I haven’t see that

I sure as heck would’ve thought their main line of defense would be their website, and there is absolutely no mention of that on their website

Adriano

It´s is sorry, Esox Angler was a good magazine,

Certainly, Do you know other good US magazines about pike fishing?

Regards

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

chopo, welcome to In-Depth!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.