WORLD RECORD MUSKIE ON A FLY

• garvi
    LACROSSE WI

A Hayward man has set a new musky world record in fly fishing.ARTICLE

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

It’s awesome they are starting to recognize record fish that are released. I hope the states find a way to follow suit.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I know Brad. He is good buddies with my bro’s. I had pictures of the record breaking muskie. Him and his buddy both caught hogs at the same time. I’ll try to have someone forward the picture to me again. Pretty impressive picture with a 51 inch WR and the other fish is upper 40’s.

jhalfen

This is the photo from the WI DNR news release.

jhalfen

Here is a link to the press release.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Jason,
    Thats the same picture my brother just forwarded to me. I also got this one of the record fish. Can’t tell he’s happy can you?

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Quote:

I know Brad. He is good buddies with my bro’s.

You wouldn’t happen to know what they use for flys would you ? I have been trying to tie some of my own and would like to get some ideas on size of hooks and types of flys?

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

I guess I should read all the attachments.

bigpike

Ah yes the beauty of the Chippewa river, there are fish like that up and down this river system. Those guys sure look happy, and to think they did it on a double, that part is unreal. They must of really had there hands full with two fish on that size at the same time. All I can say is WOW

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

big fish in small rivers are absolutely the best. I fish the Flambeau once or twice and year and it’s identical to the Chip. several fish over 40″ and have seen two that went over 50″. A 50″ is a totally different animal when you hook one in a slack water seam while going thru rapids.
    Congrats to the ‘Sconni guys

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Jason,
    Thats the same picture my brother just forwarded to me. I also got this one of the record fish. Can’t tell he’s happy can you?

Are you talkin about the guy or the fish

Nice fish

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

This is something I’d like to do!!! I’ve got the rod, the line, and a couple of Dahlberg Divers but I know I need a set up with sinking line too if I want to get serious about the effort. Currently have a 10wt. rod but wondering if an 11 might be a better choice? Either way, until I get the time, it’s all just wishful thinking anyway. Thanks for the post…..really got my blood pumpin’!

xtabo
    Edmonton, Alberta

Excellent fish. Heres two big pike I caught on the fly up here in Alberta! Hand tied, by me custom works!
    Thanks for sharing those musky… I LOVE chasing pike on the fly! All I use is a 6w beleive it or not.. id say your good with that 10w! I may go to an 8w at most for my pike rod just because a 6 really wears those big fish down and a release takes quite sometime to revive!
    BTW these two pike were released.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Nice fish

Welcome to IDO

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.